Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Project AI Activity

For those who have not noticed, PAI has had a ton of files uploaded within the last 48 hours (probably between 150 and 250 aircraft):-jumpy . Files seem to be uploaded faster than I can download them :-bla . Most of the files are in the "unofficial repaints" section. You will be especially pleased if you like flying in Asia.Happy downloading,JeffDetroit, MI USAAMD Athlon XP2000Windows XP 768MB DDR pc2700 ramMSI KT3 Ultra VisionTek gforce 3 ti500

Framerates are better when using PAI aircraft over MS aircraft.However, with all those flightschedules you have loads of AI traffic around you which negate the original gain in frame rates.But overall it is not too bad.Frits

have to disagreeI have all airlines and my framerates are now better than with the default AI traffic

Guest Joshieca

I think what the user was saying that if you install all of the flight plans on PAI's site your frame rates will suffer.Thanks for the info. Should I decide to install their planes I wont be using their auto installer. I like to have control over what/when/where. Thanks again.

Guest Stamatis

I believe the PAI aircraft are the most framerate friendly aircraft you can find.I am using the PAI aircraft in combination with the Worldai2 flight plans and the result is... more traffic than my 1.8Ghz CPU can handle! :-) And to think that there are plenty more airliners to come...A highly recommended combo.Stamatis

That is basically the combo I am using. I also belive the Project AI aircraft are the most frame rate friendly you can get. Many believe that the framerates are better with their aircraft than with statics. My strategy is that I will make my traffic/scenery as realistic as possible. In short, I am adding all the traffic and scenery I could possibly desire and then I will make adjustments for performance. I can always lower my settings and decrease my traffic percentage. As with Stamatis, my system is a pretty slow at major airports. I guess it really dosen't matter because I can't remember the last time I actully flew. *:-*JeffDetroit, MI USAAMD Athlon XP2000Windows XP 768MB DDR pc2700 ramMSI KT3 Ultra VisionTek gforce 3 ti500

Guest H_Kev55

Josh,The auto install programs work like a charm. I haven't had a single problem when using any of the PAI stuff.I now have tons of traffic at major airports and my frame rates have not suffered one bit.If I do go to an airport where I have a dip in fr's, all I have to do is look around and find the aircraft that i've added that are not PAI, swap a PAI a/c for it, and my frame rates shoot back up.It's well worth the effort to install PAI if you want traffic.Kev

How to let them work together the easiest way?Renaming all the aircraft is one hell of a job!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!

Stamatis: DO you find that the PAI repaints are more frame-rate friendly than repaints of the default FS2002 aircraft (737 and 747 in particular)?? I am currently using quite a few default repaints (over 30 last time I looked) and was reluctant to replace them with the PAI stuff but my fame rates are starting to take a hit....Phil

Guest Stamatis

"Renaming all the aircraft is one hell of a job!"Then I did "one hell of a job" :-)Seriously, it is not as hard as it sounds, and in my humble opinion the results are worth the effort.Stamatis

Guest Stamatis

Phil,I must admit I did not measure their impact comparing them on a one-on-one basis. But I have experimented myself a lot with default repaints (B737/B777/B747) and I believe the framerate impact is very similar.I have come across several simmers who claim PAI aircraft are more framerate friendly than defaults, and I have yet to come across a simmer who argues for the opposite :-)Stamatis

What I did Johan was to put the WAI2 flight plans in excel, then I added a column and put in the airline for each flight plan. (I think I got that data from the MS Access file in the World AI file, it already had the airline names for each flight plan). The next step was to make a list of the PAI aircraft with thier AC#s. Then instead of changing the name of the PAI aircraft all you have to do is change the AC#. For example you want to use "AC #389, PAI 320 UAL" with WorldAI2, Using the data filter function in Excel filter out all UAL flight in the WorldAI2 spreadsheet, then filter out all the 320 flights (you may have to do a "text to column" switch to break out the model from the world AI flight plan). Anyway after your filter you see that United A320s in WAI2 use an AC# of 119, you then go back and change the PAI 320 UAL AC# to 119. This probably is not a very clear explanation but it made combining the two data sets PAI and WAI2 very easy. If you have questions you can email me at RSBansa@msn.com, actually don't do that - I am getting AT&T broadband tomorrow and that email will be deactivated. Just post a message for me here.

To support the simmers, PAI and the AITraffic group had made a agreement.In the future the AITraffig group will use the same numbers for Airlines and aircrafts as PAI, with the permission of PAI.So, no need to rename the aircrafts in the future.Ralf