Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

---Question on repainting PAI Aircraft---

Hi there!Cant I just use textures from an existing aircraft of FS2002 and use those in a "blank" PAI aircraft for AI purpose?It seems that the repainting is quite a process, using different paint tools, etc. So, I was wondering, just to copy the textures of for instance my "flyable" LAN CHILE A320 to a PAI A320 aircraft, placing a folder as "texture.LAN" in the PAI A320 aircraft folder, containing the textures of that "flyable" LAN CHILE A320.Comments? It would be much easier than doing reapints with all those 32bits, and paint tools, etc., etc. Why not use exisiting textures and perhaps do what I explained above or maybe in some other similar way?Regards, Marcelo 5:50pm EST

It would depend on whether your aircraft and the PAI aircraft used the same scheme within their *.mdl files. PAI is using the MS scheme used on the default fs2002 aircraft.

Guest H_Kev55

It would also depend on whether the author of those textures you wish to use will allow you to use them in the manner that your are speaking of.PAI would rather have originally designed aircraft textures added to it's designs rather than to have what an original author might see as 'pirated textures'.Of course, if you're only going to use this re-textured aircraft for personal use and not to upload to PAI or any other online site, you can most certainly do that.Kev

As a test, I tried using one of the PAI texture files with a default aircraft. It made for some interesting textures to say the least but they are not identical in layout of the default textures. So what if the tires are printed on the vertical stabilizer!:-lolOne of the things I found interesting is using the default aircraft for AI, is the use of spoilers on touchdown. The default 747 seems to also use the spoilers to slowdown on approach. I am slowly moving my AI flightplans back to default as the appropiate textures become available for the airline involved.