Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

EditVoicePack is driving me nuts...

Guest Stamatis

I am trying to update my FS Voicepack sound file with the sample file included in the zip. I am doing exactly what is instructed in the documentation:Quote1. Close Flight Simulator if you have it running. 2. Please follow the instructions given in the Installation section above. 3. Run EditVoicepack by double clicking EditVoicepack.exe 4. Select "Open..." from the "File" menu. 5. Browse to the file "Sample.vcpmod" and open it. 6. Select "Update Voicepack" from the "File" menu. 7. You are done - close EditVoicepack by selecting "Exit" from the "File" menu. 8. Start Flight Simulator.UnquoteWell, when I open EditVoicepack again, and click on Tools - View Missing... I still see the same list of missing callsigns as I had before updating Voicepack with the sample included file!Any help will be greatly appreciated.Stamatis

Hey This look like the same problem i had .I have done this:1. Close Flight Simulator if you have it running. 2. Please follow the instructions given in the Installation section above. 3. Run EditVoicepack by double clicking EditVoicepack.exe 4. Select "Open..." from the "File" menu. 5. Browse to the file "Sample.vcpmod" and open it. 6. Select "Update Voicepack" from the "File" menu. 7. You are done - close EditVoicepack by selecting "Exit" from the "File" menu. Then go to Fs2002aircraftairlinesThis is airlines.cfg edit it with your missing airlines and you are done.(make first a backup of your airlines.cfg)For me it's works fine i did TRANSAVIA and AIR MALTA8. Start Flight Simulator Jan EHAM

Guest lmoelleb

The loading of files is a bit confusing. Sorry about that, but it had to be that was in order for version 2 to work as it's supposed to - and beleive me, it will be worth it. Too bad I have to go to the States for 10 days (I'm getting really tired of seeing Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco - third time this year), so the release is pretty far from now.Editvoicepack ALWAYS works on the default sounds + the loaded sounds. It completely ignores any sounds added earlier. This is necessary for it in order to keep track of which sounds have been modified - if someone based another sound on the one of the modified sounds everything would become a complete mess.So when you as you mention start Editvoicepack again after updating, only the default sounds will be known as you haven't loaded any vcpmod file, hence "View Missing" will report any non default word.