Sign in to follow this  
Tobei

Any way to delete Overlay Airports?

Is there any way to delete airports created in AFCAD? After having installed Simflyers KIAD I've now two different KIADs with two different bgl files. Now AI dont know where to go and I've to different KIAD in airport selection screen.Thanks, TOBY

You need to decide which KIAD Scenery you want to use, default or Simflyers. Once you have decided, you need to revert back to the default scenery which should have been made when you used AFCAD the first time. For example:usseaf08.bglusseaf08.ORIGINALDelete the file, in this case usseaf08.bgl, then rename usseaf08.ORIGINAL to usseaf08.bgl. This will put back the original default scenery. NOTE: If you have modifed the sample file with more than one airport this method deletes all those modifications in total.Select the Airport File you want to use for your scenery. If you are using Simflyers scenery, then you will have to use an AFCAD file built for Simflyers. Start AFCAD and follow the instruction for making the changes.If you have multiple updates to the sample file Tom Gibson provided this information in an earlier post:"If I only have one airport in that BGL that I modified, then I just restore the .ORIGINAL file.However, if I have several modified airports in that file, and would like to revert only one to the default airport, here's how I do that:1. Rename xxx.bgl to xxx.bgl.modified.2. Rename xxx.ORIGINAL to xxx.bgl (you now have the default BGL installed).3. Load the default airport into AFCAD, and Export it as ICAOorig.txt.4. Now rename xxx.bgl to xxx.ORIGINAL5. Rename xxx.bgl.modified to xxx.bgl (you now have your modified BGL installed).6. In AFCAD, Import your ICAOorig.txt file. When it asks to overwrite, say YES.7. Save the file. You have now reverted that one airport to the default, but kept all your other modified airports.Hope this helps,-- Tom Gibson"

Thanks!Worked fine but pretty difficult compared to how easy creating a new airport is!Tobei

Ups!Sorry but the problem is still not completly gone. :-( Overlays are gone, but I still have the two airports under KIAD.Don't know how to "decide witch KIAD scenery to use".Tried to export the original KIAD and changed "HomeFile( "usneaf01.bgl" )" to "HomeFile( "zzsfkiad.bgl" )" but it will save the imported airport under the Simflyers one! :-mad Thanks for any answers, Tobei

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to do.I would export any airports that you have imported (EXCEPT KIAD!), copy the .ORIGINAL files over the top of the modified .bgl files as described above, and then you will have the default airports back again. Import whatever airports you want to have changed. Never change the HomeFile entry, or you are certain to end up with two versions of the same airport.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Well, I have already two versins of the airport with the Homefiles as discribed above. I didn't do anything except installing the new Simflyers KIAD. Now I have those two airports, one with the orignal .bgl one with the Simflyers. Never had this problem before with any addon Scenery.Toby

Just ask Simflyers if they have a AFCAD txt file and then delete the zzz*.bgl.

If you want to get rid of the SimFlyers version, go ahead and open it from the screen you showed above. Double click on any whitespace, and you'll get a dialog box that tells you what file it's in. That's the file to delete (after making a backup, of course, because there might be something else in there you want to keep).If you want to delete Microsoft's default KIAD, then you're kinda stuck ... AFCAD doesn't have any way to delete an existing airport.jkvato1.jpg

Here's what I would do.. Open AFCAD, look up Dulles. Select Sim Flyer's KIAD. Now.. EXPORT it to a text file. Now goto your FS install and delete the zzzKIAD.bgl file. Now import the text file of KIAD you exported earlier. Problem solved, you'll just have one instance of KIAD. I have no idea why Simflyer's went the BGL route. I would've preferred two ways either the AFCAD text file or just use ADFLINK. This will eliminate "dupes" of airports.

The zzziad.bgl file is the AFCAD file in bgl format. When you choose Dulles just select the Sim Flyers version in the aircraft list this does No harm to your scenery it just adds the Sim Flyers AI traffic file in FS2002.The reason behind going with the BGL for AI is that we were getting over 20 emails a day asking for support on how to use AFCAD. We did not make AFCAD nor do we support it so we made it easy for those who do not have AFCAD or do not know who to use it by giving them a BGL and AI traffic all set to go.We do have the actual AFCAD file on the web site if you want to d/l that.John>Here's what I would do.. >>>Open AFCAD, look up Dulles. Select Sim Flyer's KIAD. Now.. >EXPORT it to a text file. >>Now goto your FS install and delete the zzzKIAD.bgl file. >>Now import the text file of KIAD you exported earlier. >Problem solved, you'll just have one instance of KIAD. >>I have no idea why Simflyer's went the BGL route. I would've >preferred two ways either the AFCAD text file or just use >ADFLINK. This will eliminate "dupes" of airports. >>

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Thanks for all the answers, got everything to work fine now!:-beerchug By the way, sensational scenery!Toby