Sign in to follow this  
Guest H_Kev55

Restoring after PAI

Greetings...I just uninstalled PAI from my machine, and I am attempting to get the MSFS-generic AI back. I found the backup "traffic.bgl", and renamed it. This gave me back my general aviation planes, but not the airline traffic.Is there something I am missing?!-Greg

Guest Joshieca

Not sure, but I think that PAI changes the names (titles) of the aircraft (aircraft.cfg) in your aircraft folder. You might want to check those to see if they have been changed from the default AI list.Heres the default titles:AC#1,200,"Beech Baron 58"AC#2,315,"Beech King Air 350"AC#3,430,"Boeing 737-400"AC#4,430,"Boeing 737-400 Paint1"AC#5,430,"Boeing 737-400 Paint2"AC#6,491,"Boeing 747-400"AC#7,491,"Boeing 747-400 Paint1"AC#8,491,"Boeing 747-400 Paint2"AC#9,482,"Boeing 777-300"AC#10,482,"Boeing 777-300 Paint1"AC#11,482,"Boeing 777-300 Paint2"AC#12,143,"Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian"AC#13,143,"Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian Paint1"AC#14,143,"Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian Paint2"AC#15,175,"Cessna Grand Caravan"AC#16,175,"Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1"AC#17,175,"Cessna Grand Caravan Paint2"AC#18,129,"Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"AC#19,129,"Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"AC#20,129,"Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint2"AC#21,156,"Cessna Skylane 182R RG"AC#22,140,"Cessna Skylane 182S"AC#23,140,"Cessna Skylane 182S Paint1"AC#24,140,"Cessna Skylane 182S Paint2"AC#25,140,"Cessna Skylane 182S Paint3"AC#26,464,"Learjet 45"AC#27,195,"Mooney Bravo"AC#28,265,"De Havilland Dash 8-100"AC#29,265,"De Havilland Dash 8-100 Paint1"AC#30,265,"De Havilland Dash 8-100 Paint2"AC#31,437,"McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83"AC#32,437,"McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83 Paint1"AC#33,437,"McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83 Paint2"AC#34,124,"Piper Cherokee 180"AC#35,124,"Piper Cherokee 180 Paint1"AC#36,124,"Piper Cherokee 180 Paint2"[div align=center][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Hi!IIRC, PAI appends a/c to your current aircraft.txt file. So if you want to revert back to the original state, rename the "original traffic bgl file. To double check the traffic.bgl, just decompile with TTools and read the aircraft.txt file. By default, you should have 23k FPs. I hope this helps. JD

You need to get the fs2002 default traffic.bgl from your CDs. PAI replaces the default file with a new base default which only has the GA aircraft. Search your CDs *.cab files using Winzip or another unzipping program. Extract traffic.bgl and place in your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder.This will restore your entire fs2002 default AI traffic.

Guest H_Kev55

Did you have some kind of problem with PAI that we don't know about?Just curious.Kev

If anyone can point me to which .CAB the traffic.bgl is in, I'd be most thankful - I was browsing for it last evening before I posted, but I couldn't find it within the CABs. (If no responses, I'll search some more when I am home from work)I recall reading or seeing that ProjAI would "change" something to give me GA aircraft only, but I presumed that the *untouched* traffic.bgl would have been the one backed up.I found that when I removed ProjAI, it REMOVED the traffic.bgl entirely. No aircaft at all. WHen I renamed the backed-up traffic.bgl, I am left with only GA craft... looks as though they change the file before backing it up.THANKS for your continued help,-Greg(edit)Kev - When I get that Cray supercomputer, THEN I'll be able to use PAI. It's just slow, and I found that my local airports would need considerable editing to allow for the full impact of the program to be felt. Oh well!:-)

Guest H_Kev55

What system are you using that PAI makes such a big impact?PAI is easier on my machine than anything else.Kev

AMD 1.2 w/ 256 DDR and a Geforce3On top of that, I am also running Lago's FSSE program, which has added some overhead... I'd prefer to keep the FSSE scenery over the ProjAI "scenery", if I had to choose.Either way, ProjAI did *work* on my system, but it just brought it down slow. I also had a USAir flight pull off the runway and sit there in the grass, which caused a "AIRPLANE COLLISION" crash on my subsiquent takeoff.... Oh well!-Greg

Look first in the FS2002.CAB file; that's the one that the AFD files are in.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest H_Kev55

Greg,I'm only running an AMD 700, 512 ram, nVidia Vanta and PAI doesn't touch my frame rates.I too also use FSSE with no adverse effect.Not sure what you mean when you state, "I'd prefer to keep the FSSE scenery over the ProjAI "scenery", if I had to choose.", as PAI doesn't include any ground scenery...??3rd party add-on scenery will in fact reduce frame rates as I'm sure you already know.Maybe something else draining your resources other than PAI??Kev

"If I had to choose..." was based upon the thought that both ProjAI and FSSE both drained resources, and if I had to keep one of them, I would keep the FSSE because I value ground scenery over AI planes. tgibson, I did look in the FS2002.CAB file and couldn't find it... very strange.To both - I may just try to reinstall it, and lower my AI precentage setting to something a little more reasonable. I may also ask PAI to remove the general aviation aircaft, as I am sure they too drain resources. If worse comes to work, I'll just install FS2002 on a work computer, snag the traffic.bgl, then remove it. (shrug)Thanks all for your help,-Greg