Sign in to follow this  

O.K., NOW it's as real as it gets!!!

I try Autogenius today after reading this thread and i can only say it is Brillient !What it seems to do is putting all the houses and buildings in to neat rows and streets ,and putting the trees into little woods and tree line streets.This Looks GREAT and also a big benefit to this is the fact that you can now land on the roads because they are much less clutter and you do not get broke in a amergancy land .....(I think I like it)Did I say this is Brillient!!!!!!!:)

THIS WILL FILL YOUR BELLY! Some leads for you are already included in other replies in this thread (ie. Autogenius, FS Sky, OceanFX, etc). Here are some others: FSGenesis is at FSGenesis.com (payware-about $25 for US and National Parks); FSMeteo is at FSMeteo.com (payware-$?); FSNavigator is at FSNavigator.com (payware-$?); you'll find Orlando Sotomayor's site at www.mesh64.home.att.net (he does mesh AND landclass files); do a search in the AVSIM library for files "mstrees2.zip" by Gerrish Gray and "conifers.zip" by Ed Truthan. You'll also need "FSUIPC" to get some of these to work (search AVSIM library again). The Piper Archer II will be found at www.dreamfleet2000.com (payware). Send out for some pizza and enjoy...you'll be spending a bit of time at the computer.:( I've found each of the payware items to be well worth the cost.As a one-time newbie myself,I know that you want things perfect NOW and the route to perfection to be easy. Well, it takes time to get to semi-understand things. Enjoy the process.(Careful...you too may develop the "obsessive tweaking disease"!)

Yep, autogenius is an appropriate name. It's one great addon. Don't leave home without it. Let's buy the author a case of beer!!!!!!!

Guest TerryT

How can I fined a copy of the 23.12s? I could only find the 23.11s at the Nvidea site. I did at one time have the 23.12 which came directly from Microsoft via an update. When I tired the 28.32s with my GF-3 Ti-500, I could not get the refresh freq to set other than the standard 60 Hz. At that setting I get extreamly sick viewing the monitor due to the low rates/flicker. I can only see out of one eye and maybe that is why I cannot use that low of refresh rate. I do have that utility that allows for the fix with Win XP for the refresh rate change when running FS2002 and even with the supposed update, it would not allow for a higher freq to be set. I run my desktop on a 19" monitor at 800 x 600 and the FS2002 at 1024 x 768.Terry

Terry,I found the 23.11 drivers (and a whole bunch of others!) at www.guru3d.com/files.Jeff

I found it...the thread regarding tweaking the GeForce3 cards. I don't know how to direct you to it easily, but in today's forum postings is one titled "Make a CD...(if you didn't already did it)" and among the replies is one from PaulL01. There's some great info in the his links.

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi JeffThanks for the advice.I downloaded the 'tweak' program but can't do what you suggest - on my version, the 'level of anistrophy' slider only goes up to '16-tap' (not 32 or 64 as you wrote). The video card is a Ge-Force 2 MX400 64-meg.Any suggestions?

Tony,I'm a computer semi-literate so I personally can't help. I do have two suggestions, however. First, check out post #20 in this thread (the one about "Make a CD...if you haven't did it already"). PaulL01 has some great ideas...which unfortunately are aimed at the GeForce3 and 4. Maybe you could contact him for further help. Secondly, if you can't discover how to tweak the GeForce2, I noticed a posting yesterday that said Fry's has GeForce3's at $80 ($120 less $40 rebate). Good luck.Jeff