Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 and CBFS III have blurry textures no matter what

Hi, We should wait for this, those shots are old and nobody know if they are using at full graphics and details and the NEW engine. The cfs3 engine is new. Also the clouds will be improved at the final, they should simulate "volumetric" better than fs2k2 paper thin, for now they are still "2d" paper. We should wait little bit. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cwright

Tim, I agree about FS2002. Most likely Microsoft will do nothing about this problem. But I am hopeful about CFS3. Some CFS3 screenshots showed the classic dynamic blurred textures problem (i.e. slow and faulty updating of mip map resolutions). But these shots were taken with the FS2002 scenery engine. CFS3 has a new scenery engine, though as far as I know there have been no screenshots of this yet. When the engine is ready I hope to see terrain every bit as good as the clouds. And, more important, when I fly it I hope to see terrain and textures that update quickly and efficiently. Best regards, Chris Wright

Hi,I haven't tried this out for the scenery textures, but the blurriness is curable in the aircraft textures. With aircraft, the culprit is the built-in MipMap levels on each bitmap. Take a look at the picture below. Both planes use otherwise similar wing texture, but the top one has MipMap levels generated into it, the lower does not. http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~ekkaihla/fs2k2/mipmap.jpgAs I said I haven't tried this yet with scenry textures, but if you resave all the scenery textures with the ImageTool, and this time without the multiple MipMap levels, it might improve the quality. Not sure how it will affect the memory requirements, though. Plus, it's a monumental task to do...Regards,Esa Kaihlanen

Months ago, I changed all my aircraft textures from blurry paint jobs to crisp stripes & a gloss finish. Was a matter of changing settings on the graphic card from best performance to best graphics. This is now done with settings in NVmax which over rides the cards original settings.L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XpGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

Would the Scenery SDK help us out with curing the blurry textures?Tim