Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Traffic.BGL File Won't Update

Hi people:TTools is not updating my traffic.bgl file anymore. It was working fine when I last added a few things to it in June, but although the compiler runs fine, after I reboot FS2002 the traffic.bgl file and all the information therein is from the June modification? Any ideas? I saw JData's post earlier which talked about putting TTools in a new directory....could that be it? Any ideas would be much appreciated, there are a lot of new plans and planes I'd like to add too my FS world.Regards, Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Joshieca

After your compile the traffic file and your relaunch FS2K2 do you get that rebuilding database window on the screen while the sim rebuilds your database??If you don't then its safe to say that the traffic file that your copy of TTools is modifing is NOT the same one that your copy of FS2K2 is using.If thats the case I would simply copy your copy of TTools into your main FS2K2 directory and see if that helps. Keep us posted.[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Moving TTools to another directory should help "find" FS2002. Now I just came into another problem, AFinstaller can't seem to find FS2002 for some reason. I recall I only had to do this once but now it is asking all the time. The irony of this is that AFCAD finds my FS2002 install directory everytime. I would NTFS is doing something??I'll rebuild the MFT and see what happens but I think the programs are looking in the registry and for the BGL files. jd

Thanks Guys.....Josh you're right, I DO NOT see the "rebuilding.." message, so TTools is modifying something different than FS 2k2 is reading.....allright, let me try and relocate TTools and try it again.Thanks, Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Did you make a backup of traffic.bgl recently? This can also happen if any traffic.bgl backup file still ends in .bgl. Make sure to change it to something like traffic.bgl.orig or similar.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi..Ok, I figured it out. Apparently there was an error in one of my 23,100 plus flight plans, part of a series of Hawaiin flights I've been trying to add in for 2 months. Anyway, I guess the compiler will not complete the .bgl file unless everything makes sense, so it was consequently NOT updating my traffic.bgl file at all. Fortunately for me TTools lets you know where the error is located (Lee, you're a god!), which I'd been blowing off figuring ok, an error so what, that flight won't happen. Well I could not have been more wrong. All airports in the flight plan file must be represented in the airports file as well, otherwise, no go. Was that obvious to everyone but me...LOL? Ah well, live and learn.....Thanks Again, Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

Guest Joshieca

Glad you got it working again.