Sign in to follow this  

TTools Hiccup. Please advise

Guest 727Fan

Was working with TTools 1.2 today and after adding AC#s 267-271, and working on KEUG flight plans, the compiler said on line 13 of flight plans text that AC#94 was not in the list!!Of course it is!And it's been there since April.So I tried openning the flight plans and aircraft text files with WORD PAD instead of NOTEPAD because I heard there are size limitations to NOTEPAD. Added AC and flight plans again.No luck, same message.So I deleted the 5 added aircraft and the compiler ran fineGo figure!What has gotten into TTools Compiler? Any advise will be appreciated.I'm running Win XP Home, MSFS2K2 Pro.Rick

Guest RONVKING

Hi,Have you checked to ensure the name in the aircraft.txt file on AC#94 is the same is the title in the aircraft.cfg file for that entry. if its wrong it will say its not there ever though we have an entry for it.Rgds Ron

Actually ttools doesnt check the aircraft.txt file against what you have in your aircraft folder. it only checks the Flightplans against aircraft and airports.And for Ron, i had the same problem. Try decompiling the list again, save it, recompile it, decompile it again THEN edit it. If that doesnt work try moving the offending line to the end and compiling, if that STILL doesnt work... uhhhh... DELETE the flightplans.txt file, Airports.txt file and Aircraft.txt file and decompile... if that still doesnt work, well... Are any of your registers at 19/190/1900/19000/190000? like 1900 airports or 190 aircraft? that causes me a problem, either TTools gives me a BS line error (the line changes everytime you compile) or crashes, but adding one fixes it. (though i gotta admit, i really wanna send a plane to XXXX, N0* 00.00', W0* 00.00', 000 :) sound like such a nice vacation spot :( )http://www.flyjetstream.com/bcards/peter_liddell.gifhttp://home.cogeco.ca/~pliddell/PAIsig.gif

Guest 727Fan

Thanks for the responses folks!Yeah Ron, I know that solution. But TTools will still compile even though the title lines don't perfectly match. That specific aircraft just won't appear in the sim.My problem is the compiler stops because it says an aircraft that's been in the list and works fine, suddenly isn't in the list. It is in the list.So I changed that flight plan's aircraft to another aircraft. Compiler then says the new aircraft isn't in the list. And so on.It's like the compiler has suddenly hit a roadblock or something because I haven't done anything differently than all the one hundred times I've recompiled the lists before.There was a time when it just didn't like an aircraft I had just installed and it locked up. So I removed that aircraft and it recompiled fine. But to suddenly not recognize an aircraft that's been there for months.............well, "There's something scwooy going on here!"Pete. I'll do the sequence you suggested to see if that straightens things out.Thanks allRick

The problem is that TTools has run into its max number of aircraft. Happened to me with the 260th aircraft. Also happened with the 30th set of textures for the B734. (Created a B734A, which worked around that.) Also limited to the number of airports.What's this about the "registers"?

Guest Joshieca

Try this...it has happened to me.Right click on your TCompiler and TDeCompiler programs and bring up their properties.Click on the Compatibility tab and click on Compatibility mode and choose run the program under WIN 2000. That should work. After about ten or so successful compiles/decompiles you should be able to switch off the compatibility mode thing.- Josh[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Guest 727Fan

Congratulations Josh! You win!I did the compatibility mode manuever and it worked again. Back to building aircraft lists. Just added 300th ac.Thanks for all the tips, folks!I remember asking a few months ago whether TTools had a max limit to the number of ac one could install. Some folks said they had reached a limit at 237. Others said they hadn't reached a max. One person said they had over 1000 ac in the list. Funny how some systems accept more than others. But maybe that has to do with the OS they're running. I use XP Home.Rick

Thanks JoshWorked for me too !!! :-)I had already spent a couple hours redoing the txt files trying this and that with no luck. Figured I'd better check this forum. Glad I did. :-)SteveCYYZ

My ttools stoped allways at AC#251. Try Ttools 1.2.2. It helped me. I have 930 planes and everything is OK now. Regardsfrom PolandKOZI

I haven't been able to find any TTools v 1.2.2.Are you sure your not getting the versions mixed with AFCAD 1.2.2 ?My searches only come up with TTools 1.2SteveCYYZ

I'm sorry. I have 1.2.1 ver. But many authors of flightplans recomends 1.2.2 and 1.2.3. versions of Ttools, but there is no way to find this versions. PS. Ver 1.2.1 fixed bugs with limited aircrafts i aircraft.txt file.KOZI

I believe version 1.2 is the latest. Others may be confusing this program with AFCAD, which is up to version 1.2.2 (latest public version) and 1.2.4 (latest version available via email).Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Push the Tcompiler button. Dos window will appear. At the top of this window is nr of version. My ttools is ver 1.2.1.KOZI

I had the same problem, but with ac#530108. Changed the number toac#53108 - works fine. There goes my smart ac numbering system :-hmmm. Ok, five-digit ac numbers should do as well. BTW my Tcompiler says it is V1.2.2. Came with AITM.AnsgarEDDB