Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Aircraft.txt file in AFCAD

This may seem like a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find any answers to it in the AFCAD documentation. Here goes: Do the AC#'s in the aircraft.txt file need to be in numerical order and can there be numbers omitted in the sequence? Thanks for any input.Ray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They do not need to be in sequence,.You do not find the information in AFCAD, as AFCAD has nothing to do with the aircraft.txt file at all. AFCAD simply creates gates, taxiways etc at airports.The aircraft.txt file is used by TTools which comes with a nice manual where you should be able to find all information you need.

You can leave spaces. I don't think anyone has ever reported a maximum number beyond which things don't work, but PAI uses numbers in the thousands.I just did a test by putting in a couple of planes out of order (AC#19 ahead of AC#18.) I ran TCompiler and then TDecompiler, and the Aircraft.txt file ended up back in numerical order. So the answer is yes, you can put aircraft out of order, but they won't stay that way unless you never run TDecompiler.