Sign in to follow this  

COMPARABLE SYSTEMS PLEASE RESPOND

I am considering an upgrade to an athlon 2.200+ and 512meg of 2700 ddr ram with gigabyte mb video card is gforces 64. If you have a system in this ball park, what kind of frames are you reporting with heavy AI installed.***Understand there are many varables to this and really just curious.tks Bill

I have my fps locked at 20fps and it stays there when I am in the air under almost all conditions. If I have a airport in full view that has about 30 or less aircraft on the ground I get about 15fps. The lowest is about 5fps but this is under extreme conditions such as doing a night approach in to a airport with 80 ai aircraft on the ground and 3rd party scenery. Almost all of my sliders are maxed but I have reflections and shadows turned off. AA is set at 4x and I have not tweaked my card. I am still experimenting and I am confident I can gain a few fps with different drivers and no AA.I recently upgraded by system to the one listed below from a 1.3 Gig Athlon/512 MB pc133 sdram/Windows ME/Same video card/Cheeseball Gateway OEM mobo. Although my framerates improved, the biggest difference was in the speed of the texture loading and the smoothness of the sim. I am very happy with my system but I think I have the bug for a new video card . JeffDetroit, MI USAAMD Athlon XP2000Windows XP 768MB DDR pc2700 ramMSI KT3 Ultra VisionTek gforce 3 ti500

Tks Jeff. Something to look forward to.I was happy until I started fooling with AI Planes.With a 1gig cpu, I am basically flying a slide showaround the major airports.