Sign in to follow this  

Ttools, worldai2 and Ai traffic problem (related?)

Hello everyone,I have a problem here. I downloaded Worldai2 from the Avsim library and Ttools and of course Aitraffic. I chose the flight plans I wanted from worldai2 and added to my decompiled list of the default flightplans. I compiled them sucessfully with ttools and next I wanted to assign different aircraft to those routes. However, when I opened Aitraffic and tried to open the traffic.bgl file, it decompiles successfully but when it comes to opening them in the programme itself, it gives me an error message "Runtime error 5, invalid call or procedure". I thought I had made some errors in adding the worldai flightplans to the default ones. I can successfully open the default traffic.bgl with aitraffic with no problems but however after adding the worldai flightplans I can't open it successuflly. I tried to delete all the default flgihtplans and added the worldai ones only, it opened fine in aitraffic. If I open the default flightplans only, it also works fine. Just that, when i put the combine them together, I can't, giving me that error message.I really need some soluations here, hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!alvin

If you are running XP, 2000, or NT try putting the compiler into Win98 (or other) compatibility mode (right click on the program in Explorer, choose Properties).-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest hermes

AITraffic (and YRoute) can handle only a limited number of flightplans due to the limit of listbox; something about 37000 or 38000 or 39000.

Thanks a lot will try it out. But if I don't assign any aircraft to these flightplans... as in don't use Aitraffic would there be still be these flights in FS?

Guest hermes

"But if I don't assign any aircraft to these flightplans" : you don't see them in FS but they are in flightplan.txt and belong to the 37 or 38000...problem with AItraffic is that it changes the AC#xx of airplanes and resort them ; yroute keep original order and seems better.a good way seems to have 2 flightplan.txt files :1. flightplan.txt based upon worldAI2 so you can work on it with yroute2. GA flightplan.txt wheech never changesbefore compiling you merge the 2 files in a single flightplan.txt and copy it into trafictools directory then compile.

Guest hermes

While waiting for missing airlines repaints you can use house colors repaints for your planes so your can have a nice traffic; when a new repaints is available you replace house colors with the new one.

>AITraffic (and YRoute) can handle only a limited number of >flightplans due to the limit of listbox; something about >37000 or 38000 or 39000. The list box can handle 32768 displayed at once, but in yRoute it just shows a marker saying 'the rest cannot be displayed'. However, the program will hold 16 billion flights because I used 32-bit integers throughout. The only time you will see the 'cannot be displayed' marker is if you click 'Show All Flights', and usually you'll find yourself selecting an aircraft or an airport and THEN clicking to show a subset of the full number. It's not really an important limitation. Scrolling through 32000+ flight plans is not something you'll need to do very often (which is why Thomas and I both wrote traffic programs ;-)Hope that clarifies things.PS Just uploaded 1.0.80 (www.spacejock.com):27/8/2002 You can now bulk-change the ATC percent per aircraft. E.g. you could set all the default Cessna flights to 95, then change your ATC percent to 94 to hide them all. Just click the ATC Percent option and enter the AC# and new percent. Note: changes ALL flights with that aircraft. You can also set the AC# by selecting an aircraft from the drop-down list at the top right of the main screen.Simon Hayneswww.spacejock.com (yroute etc)