Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

How to create AI Flight Plan based on an actual Airline

Hi all,Can someone explain how to take an actual airline schedule and convert that data into an AI Flight Plan Schedule for use in FS2002? I have read about TTools etc, but not sure if I can do what I am trying to do. I live here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and since my wife works for American Airlines, and AA is the major carrier out of DFW, I would like to re-create their schedule at their "home" airport. I have downloaded AA's entire schedule out of DFW into WordPad, then did a conversion and import into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. A few lines from the spreadsheet follows showing the data captured: AA 5 DFW 9:30am HNL 12:39pm 763 M.WTFSS AA 7 DFW 11:10am OGG 2:14pm 763 MTWTFSS AA 37 DFW 5:30pm SFO 7:16pm 762 MTWTFSS AA 38 DFW 2:35pm ZRH 7:45am 763 MTWTFSS First column is the "Carrier", then "Flight Number", Departure Airport, "Departure Time", "Arrival Airport", "Arrival Time", "Aircraft Type", and the "Frequency" of that particular flight. (The "dot" in the frequency schedule denotes that the flight is NOT flown on that day) I have all of the aircraft that American fly's in my "aircraft" folder in FS2002. The Excel spreadsheet is 695 rows long containing ALL of AA's flights out of DFW. The data I downloaded is their schedule as of today 9/4/02, I know airline schedules are "fluid", but it would be fun to at least have a baseline schedule to work from. Any help would be appriciated in understanding how, or even if its possible to do what I am asking.Thanks,Joe

Guest Stamatis

Joe,I cannot answer your question, but you may be interested to know that Ian Webber has done exactly this (i.e. convert real airline schedules into Ttools Flightplan.txt format) for a great number of airlines of this world.His file is called WorldAI2.zipThough far from being considered perfect, maybe his conversion of the AA flights will cover your needs?Stamatis