Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Afcad and TTTools

hi therecan anyone tell me what the difference is between TTools and AFCAD?i have seen some people make some files which need AFCAD and they say that a/c dep runway 1R and land 1L for example,i need AFCAD to be installed,so once i install this, and import this file into AFCAD and go to this airport, will i see the AI aircraft land and depart at these runways?will this also work with projectai planes?also will ATC give me clearance to taxi to the active runway i.e 1R?thx

Guest lmoelleb

AFCAD is for changing how the planes land, taxi, and park at a specific airport.TTools is used to define the AI planes and the airports they fly between.So TTools might say that a plane needs to fly from EKCH to EHAM at 13:15 every day. The actual runway used etc comes frmo the AFD (Airport Facility Data) in the scenery. AFCAD simply let you edit the AFD.You will be cleared to the right runway, but ATC might initially mention the wrong runway when it tells you which runway to expect, if your AFCAD file have enabled dual runway usage.

ok thanksso the question remainsi dont want to muck around with doing AI flights etc, i just want to install the projectai flights, and if i have AFCAD installed with the relevant import for an airport, will that be ok?or do i need to play around with TTools as well?

Guest jkramer51

If you just do the autoinstallers from PAI you won't have to mess with TTools too much. And you can add AFCAD files that others have done. But you do need to add gates to most of these airports. MS didn't Put too many gates at airports. Otherwise when the gates are full other flights won't appear.John