Sign in to follow this  

AI traffic tool

Anyone know of an AI traffic tool that can search, export and remove all flight plans that are related for a specific country.What I mean is this, I want to open the default traffic.bgl file, and export all flights that have USA airports in them. This includes flights that have legs to the USA. I want to be able to export and remove any flight that will be flying in or too the USA. Ai Traffic mover will not work for this...Any other programs out there?Thanks

I've tried AI mover, and the export function only exports flights that originate from that country, and does not include flights that have legs into the country.Y-route has no export function, and AI traffic V1.0 is the same. I don't wanna have to manipulate over 1000 flights...Lazy eh???

>I've tried AI mover, and the export function only exports >flights that originate from that country, and does not >include flights that have legs into the country. >Y-route has no export function, and AI traffic V1.0 is the >same. I don't wanna have to manipulate over 1000 flights... >>Lazy eh??? I could add that. Can you determine a country code from the ICAO? (I know YP is Western Australia and EG appears to be UK but is there a standard, or would you be happy just deleting by first or first+second letter?) CheersSimon

Guest hermes

It seems that country can be known by first or two first letters of ICAO (K=USA LF=France ED=Germany...) except for small airports (07V , 23AK...) but those are generally within plans with most important airports.expect that helpthank you for your usefull tool Yroute.

I think their would be a problem with the USA however, since most airports start with "K", except for Alaska and Hawaii. However, for Canada it would work fine just searching for the first two letters. But again, the little airports would not work.Thanks

Well, a buddy at work downloaded this program Called "Gawk.exe", and with a few key strokes, he had all the flight plans deleted. Gawk is like a programming language, he used it before, so he knew what he was doing.... Cool program. Four lines, and his program did the trick...Thanks every one

>This would definately be a nice feature if it is possible. >>Matt Just added 'Delete with wildcard' You can erase anything:e.g:* (all)K* (All starting with K)YP* (All starting with YP*)YPPH (just YPPH)Note that after deleting airports the legs may look strange - but the Flightplans.txt file only has destination codes, so it'll save out just fine.Just updated the files on www.spacejock.com (yRoute page)CheersSimon

You amaze me Simon.... Thank you so kindly for your hard work...Cheers

Guest hermes

for example with YPPH does it delete only the legs with YPPH or all the lines where YPPH is?

>for example with YPPH does it delete only the legs with YPPH >or all the lines where YPPH is? Just the legs with YPPH. If all legs contain YPPH, it deletes the flight plan. Also, if you delete YPPH in one pass and YSSY in another, then it updates the flight plans again.I've just uploaded a revised version, because the last one could leave duplicate destinations, which TT1.2 doesn't like. E.g. YSSY YPPHYPPH YSSYYSSY YMMLYMML YSSYIf you deleted YPPH it could leave a YSSY YSSY entry. Hopefully this one corrects it. (As always, it's worth checking one or two results when deleting. I designed the program to keep showing deleted legs & flights so you can see what effect an operation has had on your data. If it looks wrong, you can just reload the data and fire off an email to me ;-)CheersSimon

Guest WorkingStiff

FYI, I just downloaded yRoute from your page; the version number still reads 1.0.89.

>FYI, I just downloaded yRoute from your page; the version >number still reads 1.0.89. Thanks, now fixed. (1.0.89 is the latest, I reported the wrong version.)CheersSimon

Simon:I also have ver 1.0.89 and I am finding that the report feature is giving incorrect info. The error given is "Textures present but not in Aircraft.cfg"I haven't been able to come up with a pattern on what is reported but some of the errors are of virgin stock FS2002 Aircraft Folders.Error reported for the C208 (2). I suppose the 2 is for texture.2 or what FS2002 calls Paint2. The report file does not show any problems with Texture or texture.1 of the same Aircraft Folder. In my case the aircraft.cfg file is also a FS2002 un-touched file and shows all the textures listed properly.Example:[fltsim.2]title=Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian Paint2sim=Cessna208model=panel=sound=texture=2This same error continues for many aircraft such as the c172 -2, c182 -3, c208B -2 and alot of PAI aircraftThe report feature did however work in showing me an aircraft pointing to the wrong .air file so I know that part works ok.Yroute is a super time saver and have been using it since you introduced it to the community.Thanks