Sign in to follow this  

AI traffic tool

>Simon: >>I also have ver 1.0.89 and I am finding that the report >feature is giving incorrect info. >>The error given is "Textures present but not in >Aircraft.cfg" >>I haven't been able to come up with a pattern on what is >reported but some of the errors are of virgin stock FS2002 >Aircraft Folders. Thanks Jim, I've now found the bug and corrected it. (I can't upload to my web page at the moment, but it'll be fixed for 1.0.91)The new version only reports problems found - this is what mine just came up with:D:FS2002aircraftPAI B732 texture folder 'textures.dhl' is missing.D:FS2002aircraftPAI B752texture.ahr folder found but AHR variant not in AIRCRAFT.CFG file.That (plus missing AIR files) should be enough to find most errors.CheersSimon

Thanks SimonI endorse the concept of time interval spacing found on the other thread.Hope you can get the map few to expand. It would be great to see where the aircraft go. Very simular to aircraft maps found in the back of seats on actual Airlines.Keep up the good work.Yroute has worked as an excellent program for me

Guest Captain Barfbag

My 2 cents:Between work and family (and actual simming - not just playing with TTools) I'll never get around to this, but what I would do for this kind of thing is read the airports.txt file and associate each airport with a geographical region, sorted out by Lat/Long rather than by country. Airlines are generally more region-oriented than country-oriented anyway. This would have the advantage of picking up airports in a region regardless of their ICAO code, and would also allow you to do things like splitting the US into time zones or football conferences to better sort out the regional airlines. (Y'know, the Patriots on US Air, the 49ers on America West, and if the Rams don't straighten out they're gonna be takin' the bus home from their road games.)

That's ok, I'm not ignoring you ... I've been busy with other projects, and they've left me no time for yRoute. E.g. apart from work, family and programming my commercial software, I also have to finish writing my second novel by the end of December plus I'm part of a group producing a science fiction mag every 2 months. I've put a lot of effort into yRoute, but right now I can't muster up enough spare time to tackle this request.Lots of excuses, but I honestly do try and write in everything people ask for. I just thought I'd explain why this change isn't in yet ;-)CheersSimon Hayneswww.spacejock.com

Thanks Simon.. I dint knew you write SF stories.. nice! like them too.Take your time.. no problem. I just had the feeling the idea was forgotten :-)We shall patiently wait, since Yroute rocks!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

>Thanks Simon.. I dint knew you write SF stories.. nice! like >them too. Bit off topic, but I've sold an 8,000 word SF story which is in issue #3 of Andromeda Spaceways (hey, they fly a spaceship. Not a simulation, though.)>>Take your time.. no problem. I just had the feeling the idea >was forgotten :-) No, just added to the wishlist. (That, and I was also interested to read that TrafficTools' source code may be released royalty-free. That might help with compiling etc from within yRoute)CheersSimon