Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Traffic Tools new feature question

AI traffic will contact the overlay with the closest airport reference point. Move the pink spiky dot closer to where those aircraft would contact Ground. This works best if each overlay uses a different runway.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

If you just put a bunch of nodes and don't separate the runway into different individual small sections, the aircraft seem to get confused more often and do things like turn around on the runway or they will sometimes land and just stop on the runway and never exit. It doesn't seem to matter to the aircraft that the each triangle is a seperate chunk of runway. I think what happens is once the aircraft lands, it just starts braking and when done braking it looks for the closest node to move onto the taxiway. Also, this doesn't affect landing aircraft, they will still go around.Also, keep in mind that I just pulled them apart so you could see what it looks like. When completed, the nodes should almost completely overlap with each other.Basically, I spent a lot of time trying every possible way of doing this, and this method seemed to by far work the best.Matt

>"It will ignore repeats (can't change something which >doesn't exist in the flightplans.txt file) That might be a >problem, since a 3hr repeat could then conflict with a plane >on a 6hr repeat." >>Why ignore repeats? This will be a problem indeed. No good >fixing the interval only for the first flight of an >aircraft's schedule. How can I fix the repeat? It's not present in the flightplans.txt file. E.g:plane 1 plane 23hr repeat 6 hr repeatarrives arrives3:00 0:00 (No conflict)6:00 6:00 - conflict9:00 - no conflict12:00 12:00 - conflictetcHowever, the first plane will arrive twice at conflicting times with the second one. If I change the first, then it might conflict with something else (This is only a problem with repeated flights, and given that a lot of traffic has hand-made legs instead of fixed repeats it might not be a problem at all)CheersSimon

Guest Stamatis

"How can I fix the repeat?"Maybe by "moving" the initial arrival time back/forth minute by minute until no "repeat arrival" conflicts with another flight? If this is not possible, then concede defeat and leave it at a time which has the minimum conflicts?Stamatis

I wonder, can you make an aircraft taxi to a helipad? And if so, then what? Wouldn't it just sit there, or would it dissappear? Maybe this would work somehow. I don't know, I'm new at this...just thought I'd throw that out there.Regards,Edit: This is in response to having planes taxi gate to gate.Chuck Slusarczyk