Sign in to follow this  

How do I do This?

I'm taking the plunge and starting to install AFCAD multi-layer airports. Making the layers is no problem. However, trying to separate my flightplans for the different layers has me stumped. I'm trying to do KPHL default scenery with two layers. One layer will handle all large commercial and cargo aircraft which have been assigned A/C radii according the the recent "Standardized A/C Radius Matrix" so the different liveries will use designated runways and park at their respective gates. The other layer will handle all small regional and express aircraft plus all GA aircraft which, too, have been assigned radii so they will use designated runways and park at designated gates. My problem is this: I have over 37,000 flightplans in my flightplans.txt file with over 4500 flights for KPHL. How do I separate the KPHL flight so they go to the correct layer? Do I have to go through all 4500 KPHL flights individually and change the airport name or is there an easier way to do it. I've tried AITM and yRoute but they don't seem to be able to do what I want. Anyone have a solution...please?Thanks,Ray :)

Anything done automatically has to be based on the ICAO or the aircraft (AC#) number.yRoute only lets you split traffic based on ICAO, simply because it would be a chore to also enter an Aircraft number. However, from the sound of it entering ICAO and AC# would be a lot less work than hand-editing your flightplan.The question is - how many aircraft do you have going in and out of the airport in question? I could possibly add the option of ICAO + AC# rather than ICAO + % to transfer all the traffic with the specified AC# which is going to one ICAO, to go to another.CheersSimon

There are 40 different aircraft assigned to KPHL flightplans. Of those 40 aircraft, about 15 would need to be assigned to a different overlay. Being able to reassign by ICAO + AC# would be very beneficial and would simplify the very daunting task at hand.ThanksRay

Ok, just uploaded a new version which has 'Split AC' as well as the previous 'Split AP'. (Sorry about the abbreviations, but it's a bit like keyhole surgery until I create a new form for all these operations.)Anyway, you enter an existing ICAO and an aircraft number, then enter the new ICAO. Clicking Change To will then convert all flights by that aircraft to/from the first ICAO to the second.You can use the drop-down airport list and show aircraft using that facility to see which still need to be done.New update is on www.spacejock.com. Enjoy.CheersSimon

>This is great! Thanks for the prompt update. >>Ray That's ok, it was just a few minutes work. If it took me a couple of days coding to make each change to the program I'd never have started it ;-)Of course, the dilemma is that I can put that couple of minutes coding time towards other projects, towards my fiction writing, updating my web page, learning PHP/Mysql/Linux Admin/Apache, etc etc etc. yRoute is my relaxation time CheersSimon

Guest Stamatis

Hello Simon,I can now confirm that I am missing several flights in the displayed Airport Schedule list. I strongly suspect that these flights are those with a WEEK repeat period.Also, I can confirm that the calculation of required Gates is wrong. Maybe in connection with the above problem, because your number is always less that the correct one?Let me know if I should sent you a small zip file for examination.yRoute is an excellent program and very handy to use. Thank you very much for taking the time to design it and offer it to all of us!Stamatis

Hi Stamatis,It seems both features are missing the weekly flights, as you've discovered. (Weekly are a special case, handled differently to the daily repeats)I've been writing an online shop using PHP and Mysql for the past couple of weeks, and it's sucking up a lot of my spare time. However, I know you emailed me about this, and I'll try and get it done soon.CheersSimon