Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Taxiway naming

Guest Captain Barfbag

I've been inspired by the excellent KC-135A USAF tanker that recently showed up in the file library. However, most military airports have no parking or taxiways, although towers are common. I've created a number of AFCAD files with enough parking to handle a few flights at a time at military airports. I'd like to assign taxiway ID's before putting these up for grabs, but I don't know how they are assigned.Is there an algorithm used by real airport designers to specify how taxiways are named, or are they merely at the whim of whoever puts the signs up first? Any ideas how one finds out taxiway numbers for existing airports?Alternately, is this a level of detail that doesn't bother anyone?

THere are some Japanese/Pacific mil bases in the library with AFCAD files. I am using it mainly for Hickam-Guam-Japan flights so I have the KC-135s flying around and just set their callsign to REACH also have the PAI KC10 which looks pretty good Not sure about the naming convention not too keen on AFCAD myself lol