Sign in to follow this  

Annoying departure time delays

>One thing I would recommend is to have "buffer gates" in >ramp and maintenance areas.I had already done something similar. It helps, but the bottom line is that it's unrealistic to see every gate at an airport occupied, with a bunch more planes sitting in an overflow area. I find it ironic that so many people seem to be so concerned that their ai aircraft follow actual timetables, when the results are so glaringly unrealistic. I'm much happier with the MyTraffic plans, which are not "real" but seem to produce a much more realistic looking result.>Are you using the Universal Aircraft/Gate Radius Matrix that >Kevin Au and I set up?? If so please upload your AFCAD >design when done, I'd like to try it. Of course I'm using it. :) You're welcome to the file...I'll try emailing it to you.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

I'll need your email address. None of the javascript stuff on this message board works for me, so I can't attach the files.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Sidney,Sounds like you're happy with MyTraffic. Have you - or do you plan to - alter any of MyTraffic's default gates/aircraft/plans? I don't mind paying for the product, but I have a feeling that I will just end up screwing around with it anyway, so what's the point of buying a solution just to be back where I am now?Also, isn't MyTraffic set up for default airports? If you add payware/freeware scenery won't that require you to redo the airports anyway?Any screenshots of what you have?Thanks,Dennis

Hi Dennis,>I don't mind paying for the product, >but I have a feeling that I will just end up screwing around >with it anyway, so what's the point of buying a solution >just to be back where I am now? Good point. In my case, I felt I had two basic options to get the result I wanted. A) Modify all the flight plans in order to eliminate the "gate clog" problem, or :( Modify all my airports to accomodate the unrealistically high number of ai aircraft. The attraction of MyTraffic was that someone else had already spent their time creating the flight plans; if they worked, I would save alot of time and could also spend less time modifying airports. So for me it turned out to be a good solution. In other words, yes I'm still modifying stuff, but MyTraffic is a much better starting point for that than what I was using. Depending on what your objectives are, it may not be for you.I'm also creating my own afcad overlays for some airports. You can disable the MyTraffic overlays for specific airports and use your own. Doing this does not eliminate the traffic itself, it will just use your overlay instead of the MyTraffic overlay.>Also, isn't MyTraffic set up for default airports? If you >add payware/freeware scenery won't that require you to redo >the airports anyway? It's my understanding that MyTraffic is not compatible with addon scenery. I don't use addon scenery...most of it is much to frame-rate intensive for my tastes. For those airports that I use frequently, I make my own modifications using Lago's FSSE, which is compatible with MyTraffic.>Any screenshots of what you have? Here you go....http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/flightsim.htmlThe jetways, lighting, etc. at KPDX are done with FSSE. The jetways at KSEA were also added using FSSE, even though the default KSEA scenery already has jetways. I did this because the default jetways are only visible if scenery density is set to maximum; with FSSE I can use a lower setting (better frame rates) and still have jetways. I can also have more jetways than the default scenery, which is usually very inadequate.Hope this is helpful.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Sidney,Yes that was very helpful info. I can certainly understand your "much better starting point" theory.It is interesting that you one of your screenshots was at KPDX as that it my home airport. I like what you have done with gates, control tower, parking garage, etc added with FSSE. The only other KPDX I can locate has the new D/E concourse but not the new C/D concourse or tower, garage, etc. I was contemplating doing my own but that's more than I'm up for...You had mentioned in a previous thread that you're less concerned with a real-world schedule than about having the correct airlines displayed. I agree with that. However, while the MyTraffic screenshot of KPDX shows NWA MD80's at the correct gates, NWA (per my experience) only flies B757 and A320's into KPDX! Have you experienced the same at KSEA with MyTraffic? As long as the overall traffic count approximates reality for the time of day the specific schedule doesn't matter, but have the correct a/c does.Without the correct freight terminals at KPDX in the default scenery it's hard to tell how MyTraffic handles freight (UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc); are those a/c included? If so, do they park correctly?I'm doubting that