Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Large AI Aircraft

Guest Ideas

Anyone know why I cannot get the C-5s to fly as AI, Gates, flightplans etc are all correct, 1 hour stayover between flights...

Guest Captain Barfbag

Do the planes show up at the departure airports? If not, you may have too big a radius on the C-5. I've found at least one download that had a very large radius. You can change the radius to something more reasonable with AirEd, downloadable (and small enough for dial-ups) from FS sites.For a really quick radius check, use AFCAD to increase the radius of one of your parking areas where you expect to see the C-5.

Guest Ideas

The Radius of Parking is Large enough, (200' Radius), is there anything else that can keep A/C from showing up?

I had this exact problem last night trying to get a C5 to depart KBED (Hanscom). I added the plane as AI but it would not show up. I checked everything and it looked good. Then I thought, ahhh I'll bet all the gates are small or medium. Sure enough, when I opened the airport using AFCAD, I saw all the gates were small. I changed 1 gate to large and saved it. I restarted FS2K2 went to the airport at the correct time and the C5 now showed up ready to go!Good Luck,Mark

Guest Ideas

How Large did you make the Gate? I went clear up to 200' Radius and it did not work. (that would make a mighty large A/C with a 400' wingspan)

I did not change the radius, it changed automatically when I made the Gate Large. I think it changed from 107 to 173 automatically. If you want, you can try it with KBED, Open the airport in AFCAD and go to the rightmost gate (that is the one I changed) Change it to a Large, notice afterwards that the radius changes as well. Now save it. Then add a C5 or other large aircraft at that airport. It should show up. Good Luck Mark

I have a C-5 that I just started playing with. It sitsOK in a 165 foot parking (radius is 50 meters) but when it tries to land it crashes short of the runway andburies itself into the ground.scott s..

Is this the C5 that was uploaded within the last few weeks? I had the same problem. I got it to appear fine at the departing airport (KBED) but it did look like the gear was missing. Anyway, the plane departed fine. I was testing it as AI so I had it departing to KBOS, only a few minutes away. I followed it in another plane to see where it went. It started to turn to line up then all of a sudden it descended right into the ground.It may be tha the plane is not compatable as AI. Mark

Sounds like mine. I am using the Ray Lopez C-5 with the7/5/02 model files and texture.1 (Dover) No gear and flies intoground. But I did finally find the all the missing guages soI can actually fly it (it was kind of fun at firstbecause all I had was a rate of climb guage to go by). It seemsto stall kind of easy, and it's slow. Maybe a problem with theflight dynamics.scott s..

Guest Captain Barfbag

I've got a C-5 that I run out of KBED, too. (I can hear the rumble from KBED from my desk at work, and I can see them as they clear the trees on RWY 29.) It's got no landing gear and as I recall it originally did a swan dive well short of the runway.The TTools manual tells you how to set the flag that enables a plane for AI. Most are already set for BOTH, but a few downloads come out with the AI flag disabled. This could be your problem. I think it's an AirEd fix if you need to check that.I replaced the .air file that came with the C5 with one from the default 747 and that helped a lot. You might also need to cut-and-paste out of aircraft.cfg. It's been a while since I played with this particular plane, so these are just general suggestions.