Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

Let me Rephrase that

Guest Ideas

What are the Aircraft requirements to make an aircraft "AI Friendly"?

First and foremost, it should be a GMax model. Vince

Guest Ideas

AIrcraft does not show up. I am trying to get the C-5s and C-141s to fly their routes around the Pacific but even with the Gates at the correct sizes the Aircraft just do not show up.

1. Where did you find gMax C5s and C141s?2. How did you determine the "correct size" for the gates?3. Did you determine that the aircraft does not register a crash on it's own?

Guest Ideas

1. Beta (Not released yet)2. 1/2 wing Span3. Flies fine on it's own.

Guest Ideas

hmmm, as far as I have seen PAI has NO Military Aircraft at all!

Because an aplane flies fine on it's own doesn't mean it'll work as an AII've set up some POSKY 767s on transatlantic flights and with the POSKY fde I got crashing before the rwy threshold. Then I switched to the 777 fde but for some reason that didn't work either (it should have). Luckily a 767 fde I did myself a while ago worked OK.Try swapping the fde's for similar (close as you can get) default FS2k2 ones. If they work then you'll have to try editing them to get as close to the originals as you can.Next thing. Altitude is critical. If your planes are not showing up you're, probably setting the planned alt too high. You can't be too realistic. I've had to set my GKK SFO alt to 290 (!!) and return to 270 (!!!!!) otherwise any higher I got no shows at each end. If you are on the limit you get a missed approach - but unlike a go-around, the plane doesn't come back!The next thing that causes no-shows is not having enough EMPTY gates of the right size. I've found that sometimes if you add gates with AFCAD, default planes pinch em and then although Lee Swordy says your AI plane will land and stop, I've found that actually it just doesn't show up if there isn't an empty gate waiting for it.Have you set the right TAS in the aircraft.txt file? I guess you must have otherwise you wouldn't have proper plans and ETAs in any case.I've found that TTools and AFCAD are great BUT every (yes, every!!) takeoff and landing has to be visually checked to ensure it's happening as it should. I don't know what PAI do about testing but I've read one or two posts on forums (see Simviation right now) about funny things happening, possibly because of uncompat fdes (but I'm only repeating that - I don't have any opinion as I've never tried and PAI stuff). Just a 1 week shuttle plan EGLL-KJFK took me my spare time over 2 days to set up, with adding the right gates at each end, getting the right alts, checking each t/o and landing (I hop in the Bell and fly out to watch!!)Anyway, hope this helps!;) Roger

2. That may not necessarily produce a gate size which is large enough for your aircraft. There is a separate mdl radius parameter, given in meters, which you need to check in order to assure that your parking spots are large enough to accomodate. Else the aircraft will not appear as AI aircraft at the airport because there are no spots large enough to accomodate it.

While I think about it, do you have ATC aircraft labels switched on when you are visually checking arrivals? If you haven't you may be missing your plane(s) overflying and/or going missed at destination and thinking that they just haven't shown up at all. I suggest this because it was a mistake I made originally.Roger