Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

BIG PROBLEM here!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,i'm getting crazy with this thing.After installed PAI BASE installer and many addon liveries (i always used autoinstaller routine) i did this:1)decompiled traffic.bgl and saved a copy of three .txt files (aicrafts, airports & flightplans) using Traffic Tool v1.2.32)added one new airline using, as usual, autoinstaller routine.3)decompiled the newly created traffic.bgl and compared the new.txtfiles (aicrafts, airports & flightplans) with thecopy i saved before to run autoinstaller using a small utilitycalled FCU (file compare utility).HORRROOOOOOOORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!all the airports have different coordinates and all flightplansdon't match anymore. As an example:CYUL,N45* 27.86',W73* 44.06',115 (BEFORE)CYUL,N45* 27.83',W73* 44.04',115 (AFTER)Did one more package installation with autoinstaller and noticed thatnew coordinates for CYUL were:CYUL,N45* 27.85',W73* 43.99',115and again, after last airline installation (ICELANDAIR)CYUL,N45* 27.84',W73* 43.98',115Now i ask: can i simply ignore those small variations in coordinates?Do flightplans change accordingly? Or perhaps everytime the autoinstaller decompile/compile traffic.bgl PAI aircrafts have to move and after many installations can't land on the runways???Forgive my ignorance...Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Unfortunately, there's a rounding bug in TTools, which causes the error you are seeing. The problem occurs when you decompile/recompile several times in a row, which is what happens when you are installing the PAI material.My solution was to manually replace the airports.txt file between each run of a PAI module. I found a very comprehensive airports.txt file (here on Avsim, I believe), that contains all the airports in FS2K2. This way, I didn't have to worry whether or not I was going to be missing any airports that the PAI modules might be adding to the regular airports.txt file.I set up a batch file, called "c.bat" to do the copy and recompile. I had a "DOS" window open so, after each installation of a PAI module, I could just press "c" in my DOS window and get ready to install the next set of PAI plans.Hopefully, the next releases of the PAI material and TTools will fix the problem. --Ron

Sorry...I forgot to answer your question!The small changes in airport coordinates shouldn't make TOO big of a difference, but what will eventually occur is that TTools will return a bad coordinate (e.g. 60deg, 0.0' 0.0"), which will cause TTools to abort the next time it tries to compile.By always copying over the airports.txt file as outlined in my previous message, you never have to worry about the shifting coordinates and your flight plans will not be affected at all. --Ron

Heh...heh...I see Tom Gibson addressed this exact issue just a couple of days ago. I should READ first, post later! Sorry, Tom.--Ron

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you Ron for posting here.Fortunately i have saved default MS traffic.bgl; i should backup last created traffic.bgl and restore default one. Then i should run the Decompiler and count the airports....Done! Airports.txt contains 1842 airports. That means that 96 airports are missing since last traffic.bgl decompile gave 1938 airports instead :-(What can i do at this point? Should i manually search those 96?Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)

Guest Ideas

Sure would be nice to have that file with all the Airports, (Was that all 20,000 Plus or just the Original)?I wrote a small Utility to extract the Airports from the AFCAD files, but having them all active would save some time. (And Errors)