Sign in to follow this  

PAI auto installs

First let me apoligize for this question in advance but I'm a moron when it comes to dealing with anything more difficult then "double click"...anyway my problem is I've downloaded several PAI airlines with the auto-installers...all goes well with the install...decompiler...compiler...works etc..etc..however when I modify a flight plan in Traffic Tools.....example....I modified a flight plan with a USAir 320 from Ohare to Denver...at the departure time the flight requests taxi instruction and when I go to spot view I see an American Pacific 737 taxiing instead of the USAir 320...depressing...I tried the same with Delta and low and behold there was a Delta 727 taxiing!! great...to make a long story short..I checked my fs2002 aircraft folder and there was all the PAI planes....but...when I fire up fs2002 and go to select a plane....all that's listed are the usual planes for fs2002 pro and my downloads..the only PAI aircraft listed are the delta 727 and 767...like I said I've downloaded many PAI...United..USAir...Westjet..Spirit...etc..What am I doing wrong why aren't these PAI planes showing up in my "Select Aircraft" option in fs2002??any suggestions from anybody...thank you very much

You did nothing wrong. When you loaded the Base Autoinstaller, it installed all the "Base" aircraft from PAI A300 thru PAI MD80. Since these aircraft were to be used as AI, the thought at the time was to NOT have them appear on the aircraft selection menu same as the default MD-83, DH dash8_100, and pa28_180.There are several ways to correct this. One is to open each aircraft *.air file and change the aircraft type from 2 to 0. Two is to visit ftp://ftp.library.projectai.com/ , Unofficial Downloads, Utilities, arrow down and download PAIFDEFiles.zip, version 2.You will have to copy the new files to each folder and cut and paste the additional &l;flightsim.x&r; sections each airline autoinstaller added to the aircraft.cfg file.Unfortunately, this mod should have been accomplished just after you installed the base installer. If you don't have too much invested in the present AI traffic beyond their autoinstallers, I recommend you uninstall each airline and lastly the base, and start over.If you are going to start over, you might search the PAI Utilitis site for the light fixes, since they are in the aircraft.cfg file also.There is also a very large airport-txt (>23000) that you should download, if you are going to be adding other flightplans with TTools.

thanks for the info "sieffert" I'll try it and let you know

TO W Sieffert....remember I said you were dealing with a computer moron....I'm familiar with the "air files" but when I try to open them I can't..a window comes up and says the file can't be opened ..so How do I open the dreaded "air files"???? thanks again for the help

You need AirEd152 - http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/ orFDEditor - http://www.flightsimdownloads.com/ . Most designer are using AirEd152 since the *.ini file is more up to date.I think you might be better off getting the PAI updates vice opening each *.air file because the new *.air files have been better aerodynamically tuned.

W Sieffert...just wanted to let you know I resolved my problem with the help from someone on the PAI forum site...the problem was I didn't install the "base installer" first...which I didn't know about...anyway all is well now ...I'm seeing planes all over the place...it's really a great program...thanks again for your help...Bob