Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

got a question for ya guys

I have a serious problem on my KIAH overlays.I have the Continental traffic using its own runway for landings. a nd the COA Express using another...but somtimes like 5 planes will try to land back to back and ofcoarse not all of them getthe go around message.Well I now get like 5 planes just sitting on the runway not moving. Ad its really frustrating.Now is there a way to fix this...or betet ryet a way to edit the time it takes to them to disapear when not moving. Cause I read that afyer like 5 mins if they dont move they will disapear. I was wondering if I could edit that at all.thankshttp://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I had similar problems at KDFW, one thing to look for is make sure all nodes conect, there are no "dead end" kinds of nodes, taxi lines... make sure that everything can be access from everywhere.YOu may want to increase number of exits of the runway.. spiderweb alike.. this should help to get rid of some of lineups.It seems like one aircraft stops for some reason can't makeup his mind where to go, others land and just wait there behind him for him to get off, but he is stubbern and don't wanna :-lolNot sure if you can add the disappearance time.Hope it helpsAndy

It's all about maximizing runway efficiency and cutting down on number of go arounds. First of all if you can dedicate one runway for departures only and one runway for arrivals only that will help a great deal. MS ATC isn't so hot about alternating arrivals and departures when trying to use one runway for both.Next see what you can do to get your aircraft off the runways faster when they land. Increase the taxi speed a little bit and insert as many runway exit points as possible. Take a look at how I did KLAX (uploaded at AVSIM). There are 20 or 30 exit points on each runway so aircraft are off the runway within a couple seconds after they land almost every time.Also, set it up so you have different tower/ground, etc frequencies for each runway. I think what happens is ATC gets behind and you start running into problems. If you have multiple ATCs (like is usually done in real world anyway), this seems to help.I have over 15,000 weekly flights at KLAX and rarely have any problems at all. In fact, I think it could easily handle another 5 or 10,000 weekly flights. Almost never more than 2-3 aircraft in line to takeoff and almost never have go arounds.Plus with the radius system, all the aircraft use the correct gates.Matt Fox