Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

AI newbie help?

Hi. I'm already using PAI, but I wanted to add some flightplans so I downloaded them from AVsim.In the zip I have airports.txt, flightplans.txt etc.I also downloaded the aircraft and repaints I would need.My problem is installing the actual AI traffic. I tried AI Traffic Mover but I can't understand that program. All I get is a window with empty boxes and greyed out options and the documentation is very poor.Any ideas?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Go to http://www.projectai.com/ and go to the General Message Forum. There is an explanation on how to do what you want to do in one of the top 2 or 3 messages. If you still have questions, ask here or there and someone will help.Matt

The flightplans I downloaded are not PAI plans or airplanes. I downloaded those from AVSim.When I load the plan into AI Traffic mover, it sais it can't find some aircraft, even though I installed all. When I click yes to view the missing airplanes I get this. Look at the aircraft list, only () instead of an actual aircraft name meaning I can't change or edit it. What a buggy program! Is there something better than AI Traffic Mover?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Joshieca

The program is not buggy...I have used it quite well for a while without trouble.Some basics of AITM...1. Load a your flight plans.txt file. -- If the program gives you a message that says it can't find aircraft dont worry about it at this point. Thats normal.2. Look at the tabs at the top...Make sure you click on the one that says shuffle.3. Under View Mode (upper left) list view by UI Manufacturer4. Choose your AI planes by expanding the boxes by clicking on the little +/- signs. Put X checkboxes next to the aircraft you want to use as your AI planes.5. After you have done that, make sure that you check (near the bottom of the window) the boxes that says Remove-char "-" from tail and Correct Flight Level.6. Click the Shuffle button7. If the program removes too many flight plans (like more than 500) then you need to get more AI planes. AITM shuffles planes via countrys and cities according to airline. The more airlines you have, the more different size aircraft you have, the less flight plans will be removed.8. From the file menu choose save.9. Now you need to compile the flight plans using TTOOLS.10. You can do this manually for via AITM under the tools menu.Good luck.It works best if you have more than 11 flight plans by the way...you should use AITM when you have all of your flight plans installed into your "flightplans.txt" file.[div align=center][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day