Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

AFCAD question

Guest Stamatis

Now that the latest version of AFCAD allows us to define our own default radii for each Gate/Parking size (i.e. Small, Medium, Large), I have a question:Is it possible to re-size the Gate radii of all the Gates at an airport to their newly defined default radii?I have not found a way for doing this, other than going to each individual Gate and manually resetting it to my default radius.Stamatis

Are you talking about converting it back to the default radii so that it will longer use the radius system?The only way to do this would be to manually change each one.Matt

Guest Stamatis

No, what I am talking about is converting already created Gates so that their radii match the values I have entered in my ini file.Even though the Gate is still for example a "Gate Medium", its radius is not the same to the radius specified by me in the ini file for "Gate Medium". My question is, can I load an existing AFCAD file for an airport and collectively correct all the radii to match those in my ini file, without having to do this gate-by-gate manually?Stamatis

Not that I know of. It would be nice though... I'd also like to see a "universal" change, to all airports.-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Stamatis

Maybe in the next upgrade then, if there is one :-)Stamatis

Guest Captain Barfbag

If you're handy with an editor, you can do this more quickly than you can with the AFCAD screen. First, use AFCAD to Export the airport to a file (File-Export Airport.) Then open up the file you've created (it helps to name your Export file something like KRNO_R.txt so you can easily open it with a plain text editor.) Scroll down and you will come to an entry that looks like this: Positions( 344.98 105.60 6.0 105.8 0x00400501 347.48 195.57 6.0 105.8 0x00400581 348.73 278.05 6.0 105.8 0x00400601 347.48 364.27 6.0 105.8 0x00400681Now bring up the Parking List dialog in AFCAD (Lists-Parking) and you will see a list of parking designators. This is the same list, in the same order, that you see in the Export file. The value 6.0 in my example corresponds to 19.7 feet, the "new" GA-Large radius. It's a simple conversion to meters. You can play around with editing this file to figure out what the other parameters do. Save the Export file in the editor and then re-open ("Import") the file into AFCAD to see your results. It's a bit quicker than doing it directly with AFCAD.

Guest Stamatis

I thought about this idea myself, but I admit I couldn't decipher the various entries under "Positions".But your suggestion of doing one change in AFCAD and looking up what entry changes in the txt file is a very good suggestion! Thanks,Stamatis