Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

AFCAD HELP PLEASE....

Guest TrentDC10

Hey, My name is Trent Sellers....I am new at this adding AI traffic and using overlays. I am not sure if I am doing this right or not. Example. I downloaded a AFCAD file for MCO and put it in, and it had an overlay. So when I went to start at MCO I could only see the two left terminals. but if I started off at 2MCO I could only see the right side Terminals..is there a way to fix that or is that the way that they work??? If you know please e-mail me at trentdawg77@hotmail.com or reply back..Thanks.. ~Trent Sellers

Guest Captain Barfbag

What do you mean by "see" the two left terminals, or "see" the right-side terminals? If you mean you can only select gates/parking when in the Create Flight section of FS2002, then yes, that is exactly what you should expect.An overlay essentially creates a second airport on top of the first. The usual practice is to split the parking up between the original and new overlays, and frequently the runways are split that way too.In some cases overlays work well in routing traffic to the desired terminal, but in others they don't. FS2002 will NOT always direct landing aircraft to the desired overlay, because it always directs landing aircraft to the airport or overlay which is closest to the aircraft when it contacts Ground. This generally works well when you have only parallel runways, but poorly with crossing runways.If you're really just starting this, I'd suggest looking into the Radius system as described over on Project AI. While it's not perfect either, it handles routing of landing aircraft much better than simple overlays.