Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

Radius Afcad files

Guest ha5mvo

didn't want to ask two unrelated questions in one post so...now that is probably trivial to some of you but i'm a novice....I saw some DL's titled Rafcad, after installing these files i could see no difference in AI behaviour (maybe because i don't know what to look for).could someone tell me where am I going wrong (or what should I expect in the first place).

Visit http://www.projectai.com/ in the Unofficial Downloads section Utilities area and download the AircraftRadius18.zip. What radius'ed AFCAD does is provide certain size gates for particular airlines. You then have to adjust the radius size of the aircraft associated with this size gate. This makes the aircraft park in the proper gates/wings of airports. In other words, MAKES FOR MORE REALISM!!

Also get the file called Aircraft Radius.zip for detailed tutorial RAFCAD including how to change model sizes, etc.Matt

Guest ha5mvo

ok, thanks for your help guys, things are getting much clearer, yet one more issue; say I want separation for Air canada and NW or USAir heavies, how do I go about this? all have the same radius definitions.obviously I can set my own values but than my planes would not work with other parties Afcad files and isn't that what its all about?appreciate your help,HA5

They have the same radius definitions because those types of aircraft should not normally meet at the same home airport where parking separation would be required. They would only meet at international destinations where they would all use shared gates at an international concourse. Therefore, they can share the same number. Using this more realistic way of parking presupposes that you also use realistic flightplans, which puts realistic types and amounts of aircraft at proper airports.