Sign in to follow this  

ProjectAI aircraft sinking

Guys, please help, i have no AI nor AI smarts. I got the Project AI package and installed it like it said, and the planes are sinking, i went to their help forum and didnt get any answers that could help a AI dummy like myself. Any comments would be greatly appreciated and if you are ever in Dallas ill buy ya a beer,thanksMax

Guest Captain Barfbag

To paraphrase a guy from the state to your right, "that depends on what you mean by 'sinking.'" Since PAI has no floatplanes, I'm assuming that you are using wheeled aircraft and they are sinking a few feet into the asphalt. This is a problem with some parameters in the aircraft.cfg file. I'm at work now so I don't have a copy here, but I think the ones you need to worry about are something like "static_cg_height" which controls where the aircraft starts life above the apron, and some of the "contact points" values which say how far it is from the centerline (or more accurately, the center plane) of the aircraft to the bottom of the wheels. If you see the aircraft start out OK but then sink, your contact point values are too small. If the aircraft starts out up to the hubcaps in tar, then your cg_height is too small.If this was a straight download and you didn't modify anything, then rest assured that you did nothing wrong. The file you got was wrong. With the number of parameters available to tweak every aircraft, its not surprising that a few of these get missed.Up here just off RWY 29 at KBED, I go for a Harpoon IPA, by the way.

If you have just started with PAI AI, you might want to uninstall the packages you downloaded and install their new installer and new airline install packages. It does include the paiFDE_v2 *.air and aircraft.cfg files.Note: PAI hasn't converted all their existing older files to the new style yet, but there is a good assortment available now.

Thanks for the hints guys, i just uninstalled all of it and got the new installer but got some really odd errors with that one, who knows,