Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

problem

Guest slydon

Ok, I've got a problem that is driving me nuts, even more nuts than my wife says I am!!!! All of a sudden, my throttle starts jumping around by itself. I will be flying right along in a cessna or mooney, or any of the small planes and my trottle will drop to idle. In just a short hop remaining in the pattern it did it four times. Then when I landed and brought it to an idle, it suddenly went the other way and had the engine racing. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled 3 times today but it still does the same thing. Anyone have any ideas? Don

Well sometimes when I start a flight, all of a sudden the throttle just started to go up, I think that this might be because of the bug in FS2002. anyway, I always press F1 to cut throttle if that's the case.

Guest slydon

Mine is a REAL pain in the #####. Sometimes when I am taxiing to take off it will cut to idle 2 or 4 times before I get to the end of the runway! Makes it hard to get altitude. Like I said this started about a week ago and continues. Everything else works fine. I am using a new gateway 1.5 mhz pentium 4 32 bit nvidia card and windows xp with 512 mb memory. It has been working great until a week ago and I hadn't changed anything ( I run default practically all the time) It sure is frustrating and seems as though someone smarter than me could figure it out. Don

Guest slydon

One more BUMP please. This is getting worse. Somebody must have the answer. Don

Guest slydon

All of my planes are grounded now. The FAA won't let me take off until the throttle problem is fixed. If this were real that is what would happen. I can't believe this is a bug because it would affect a lot of others, not just me, and I haven't heard anybody else complain about it. My friend has the same program and it has never happened to him. I cannot believe that NO ONE knows about this or how to fix it. :-fume

Have you checked and made sure that your controller is not playing up (either watching calibration or in another program). Mine died after playing up for a while, just had to resolder the throttle controller and it now works fine !!!

Guest Murf

Have you tried to disconnect your controller from the PC and (God forbid :)) try flying with the keyboard to see if the problem persists?Sounds like it might be "noise" from your controller. I had a Logitech fail on me that way.... wasn't the throttle in my case but the X axis on the stick.... same effect though.Good Luck-Murf

Guest slydon

Well the stick works fine for x-plane and fly and tests out perfect in the test. I Probably should try using the keyboard to check it out like you suggested. If it IS the j/stick I will be very upset because it isn't that old. It is a ms precision 11. Seems as tho it would give trouble on the other flight sims too if it was that. I am afraid I will not be able to use fs2002. Uninstalling and reinstall doesn't help.

Guest slydon

Well, I am STILL having this problem and I guess I will have to give up ms 2002. Four days ago I reinstalled the software for my j/stick. That did no good. Then I tried unconnecting the J/stick and flying with the keyboard and it still does the same thing. This am I took off and the throttle went onto idle twice before I reached the end of the runway and after I managed to get airborne did it 4 times before I reached 800 feet and gave up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times, have flown default settings and added settings. Nothing helps!!!!!!!! I am ready to quit. HELP!!!!!!! Don BUMP