Sign in to follow this  

Disappearing AI Aircraft

Hi Guys...I have setup AI traffic at my home airport using TT tools and AFCAD using overlays. Now the problem is that when AI aircraft land they contact ground and are instructed to taxi to gate so and so which they do. After some time when the same aircraft is scheduled to depart again it contacts ground,gets the clearance to taxi and then .....poof it disappears. This happens to aircraft at random and not to any specific model.Also if I start MSFS at the time of dep of the AI aircraft it will not disappear. The problem is only when they arrive,taxi to the gate and shutdown and when scheduled, contact ground only to vanish.Any idea what is going wrong? 1)There are no broken taxiways otherwise it would not taxi to the gate in the first place.2)There is enough space on each side for the AI to turn around so it cant be blockage.3)It can happen to x aircraft on one day and the next time I fire up FS it may work perfectly and y aircraft starts the same behavior.zorro3012

It might be landing and going to the wrong overlay and then cannot get back to the departure runway for the correct overlay. For example if you have KLAX and 2LAX and and aircraft is assigned to KLAX so it lands at the KLAX runway. But for some reason when it lands it switches over to the 2LAX overlay and taxis to a 2LAX gate. Then when it goes to depart it wants to depart from the KLAX overlay but can't get there. Just a guess.Otherwise, the problem is probably that it missed it's departure time by too much.Matt

There have been a couple of threads on this and it appears to be a bug in FS2002. I don't believe a solution has been found.

No, Matt they are going to the correct overlays after landing.Also each aircraft has at least 35 minutes before its next scheduled flight. They sit around till there dep time,contact ground and recieve instructions to taxi and then vanishzorro3012

I am beggining to believe it myself that its a bug.zorro3012

What airport is it? If it's in North America, email it to me at mattfox@starstream.net and I can take a look at it.One other thing you might try is fire up AFCAD and export the overlays to text files, then restore the default MFSF AFCAD, then reinstall the overlays.Matt

Zorro,Elderberry and I had experienced this problem a while back and both posted questions, but nobody seemed to have the answer.Since then, I think I found the cause. I believe this problem occurs when the cruise speed defined in the aircraft.cfg file is set too slow AND it is making more than 1 stop in a 24hr period.From what I understand, the FS AI engine uses the aircraft speed to calculate when the aircraft should appear in the area of its next airport of intended landing. If it calculates that the aircraft speed will not allow the aircraft to reach its next leg destination in time to arrive and depart in time to make the next leg (or start the cycle over again), the aircraft does its disappearing act after given its clearance.Try changing the speed and use TTools to recalculate the arrival times and then adjust your departure times as well.Jeff

Jeff,Thanks for the new info. I'll give it a try and see what happens here!