Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

AI Traffic Not Landing

I have installed assorted PAI schedules, to try and recreate a semi-realistic schedule for Frankfurt EDDF, German Airports version.There is plenty of departure traffic, but not as much arrival traffic as I would expect. I have printed the timetable from AITM, and more than half of files do not land.However, aircraft that should have landed, but don't seem to have, miraculously manage to appear for the departure of their next leg.I have turned on aircraft labels to make them more visible, but they don't even seem to be coming in to the vicinity of Frankfurt.There are plenty of gates available, and the frequency of traffic is not so great that there aren't slots available.Can anyone suggest why this would be?

How long are you waiting? Usually, FS loads a whole 15 minute backlog of outgoing traffic. The arriving traffic is usually loaded at its cruise altitude. If ath the point it's loaded it's already too close to the airport to descend normally to land, it will just overfly. After about 8 minutes or so you should have normal arriving traffic. Don't expect to see much in the first 5 minutes. You will not be able to get 100% accurate arrivals. The AI machine is funky that way.Misha

Thanks for the reply.I've watched the AI traffic for well over an hour (at increased sim rate thankfully), and the number of arrivals increased once FS caught up, but was nowhere near what I was expecting.The bit that really confuses me is that departures seem to be ok, even if the incoming aircraft hadn't to my knowledge arrived!Guess it's just one of FS2002's quirks!

You might to also look at your aircraft.cfg files for the AI planes you're using.Adjust the values on the following lines of the cfg file:cruise_lift_scalarinduced_drag_scalarparasite_drag_scalarThese are noramlly set at 1.000 but if you edit them to 0.750 for the heavies and 0.505 for the medium jets, this might help the jets that don't want to land, descend, or tend to overshoot the runway.Hope this helpsBrian

Brian,You seem very knowledgable on AI aircraft so I wonder if I could ask you a question?I have a modified AIRCRAFT.CFG that I use with the FS2000 Concorde for AI purposes. This aircraft takes off okay but does not land. Instead, it overflies JFK at 8,000ft or higher.Looking at the parameters you mentioned I have this entry for Concorde..cruise_lift_scalar=1.600Would this explain why it doesn't land? I presume it has to be this value because of the design of Concorde? Bear in mind I do actually fly this aircraft rather than it just being an AI aircraft so any changes may need to be made on a copy for AI purposes only (assuming that's possible).Any help you can give would be gratefully received.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather