Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

AI Not moving

I have been running into an awful lot of the AI traffic not moving due to my Aircraft in the area. I was at KPIT and an aircraft had stopped an awful long way from myself and would not move. I was in no impeding on it's way to taxi to the active. I have had this happen now at various other airports. Is there way to reduce the distance an AI plane needs to be from the plane I am flying so these hangups stop.Thanks Andrew

The only advices I can give is that You should check (monitor) which gate was assigned for the incoming traffic. I experienced it now once or twice when the already landed, taxiing AI aircraft was its path and another one tried to depart via the same taxiway from a satellite in opposite direction.On 2nd case, the AI effectively blocked my access to my gate. I (unauthorized) left my assigned path to enter the area through a "backdoor". Another option is to check the layout with afcad and try to insert some extra nodes so the AI engine imagines You are still far away in terms of nodes...ReadUTM

Guest Stamatis

I suspect that both you and the AI aircraft were using mdl's with relatively large radii. I would attempt to reduce both mdl's radii, using a program such as AITM (AI Traffic Mover).Stamatis

TM, The nodes were the problem I added plent more and all is well now. Thanks for the hintAndrew