Sign in to follow this  

# of flightplans vs. # of parking slots

How does FS2002 AI handle differences between the number of flightplans and available parking slots? Are flightplans ignored once all available parking slots are allocated?I'm creating GA traffic for Alaska, and don't want to spend a lot of time creating flightplans that will not be used.-Basil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If an aircraft lands and there is no Gate/Parking available to accomodate it, it will disappear once it stops rolling on the runway.If you position your aircraft at an airport where there are not enough gates/parking for the specified flights, then the gates will be filled-in based on the sequence of flightplans as they are listed insided your Flightplans.txt file. Any remaining flights will not show up, but strangely, I have seen such missing aircraft suddenly appear at a radius of about 10-20 nm away from the airport, flying as if they had departed on time...Stamatis

Thanks, Stamatis, for the very informative, and interesting response. It will be very helpful in planning how to implement GA traffic in my scenery.-Basil