Sign in to follow this  

2 AI Aircraft try to land "on each other"

Hi folks,got the follwong problem after installing some flightplans:During taxiing on EDDM i spotted a ai plane on final. But close behind him exactly the same jet apperas (both had the same ai number).As the first touched down tower said to the second that he should make a go-arround.Well it is not really a big problem, but it "looks" not so good.Anyone of you who can imagine why this happens ?Thanks and best regards, Carsten

Sounds like you installed the same flightplans twice, or otherwise there is some kindof duplication in the flightplans. Open your flightplans and try to eliminatethe culprit.Misha

Hi Misha,this would be a lor of work. I have over 27700 Flightplans installed. Any suggestions how to make it fast ??Thanks,Carsten

Guest Captain Barfbag

Try Thomas Molitor's AITM program. Load the flightplan file, then choose Tools - Analyze - Duplicate flights.

I have thisproblem too... And unfortunately - Duplicate flights - does not help. THe issue is that I have duplicate flights ( and too many of them) and all of them has different AC tailnumbers, flightnumbers.Is it someow possible to check ONLY for duplicate departure-arrival locations and time? This would eliminate the problem.

Guest Captain Barfbag

You can also use AITM to generate a "timetable" for a particular airport, if that's all you are having problems with. That will reduce your complete 27000 flightplan file down to a few hundred, and those will be time-sorted.I suppose you could import the whole thing into Excel, and then do sorts by first destination airport and then arrival time. This will help you sort through and find flights that land on top of each other. You could define another column with the difference between arrival times, and then sort again on that.

Guest Stamatis

"Duplicate flights - does not help. THe issue is that I have duplicate flights ( and too many of them) and all of them has different AC tailnumbers, flightnumbers."I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean with the above.If they are shown as "duplicates", that's what they are. They are flights that fly from an airport to another airport on almost identical time. You need to delete the duplicates, regardless of the fact that they have different AC tailnumbers, flightnumbers.This should cure your problem.Stamatis

Guest ha5mvo

I think what he means (at least I have a similar problem) is that since they may have different AC tailnumbers etc, the programm does not RECOGNISE them as such, leaving them in the FP text database.I for once have tandems (or sometimes triplets) approaching; some alnd together, some breag up with the one landing and the other doing the go-around. this is maybe due to multiple PAI installer runnings or whatever other reason. Anyway "find duplicats" on AITM yilds nothing when i try to use it

Hello,i think the ebst solution is to delete all duplicate files with the "Find duplicates" option in AITM (in my case about 250 flights). The Tail-numbers on my "doubled" planes were allways the same on the two aircraft that ried to land on the same time.I'm working now on another problem: I totally have about 90000 flightplans. But round about 25000 are without any aircraft linked to the flightplan. I have now to finde out how this can be corrected.Best regards,Carsten

Try using yRoute instead of AITM. It allows you to show all flights arriving/departing at a specific airport. That should bring the number shown down to a manageable level and you can look through and eliminate any that are causing problems.