Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

Afcad and ILS position

Guest ha5mvo

can Afcas change the ILS position? I have downloaded a LLBG file and since the ILS guides me smoothly to...the taxiway.I'm happy with that file as far as parking spots are concerned,however, is there a way to correct the ILS allignment?

You could try since the LAT/LON, elevation, slope, etc. is provided in the AFCAD text file.You might compare the original default file with the updated file to see if it was changed.If that doesn't work, download and install EasyNavs by Herve Sors - en2k400.zip to see if you can fix the problem.

Guest Stamatis

"can Afcas change the ILS position?"If you mean AFCAD, the answer is no. AFCAD does not edit or interfere with the scenery file elements themselves.If you change the ILS, DME or any Navaid via AFCAD, the only chnage this will have is on where such navaids are displayed when one opens the "Map" window and enables the display of navaids.I repeat, any change in Navaids via AFCAD will not affect the navaids in the actual scenery.Stamatis

Easy Navs will solve this problem, but you have to have the data on the LOC and G/S you want to move. Some LOCs are, in fact, offset.The next question is where one gets the accurate info on the NavAids.scott s..

Guest ha5mvo

easy navs?? is ita program which creates/moves Nav Aids in MSFS??where can one get it?if we're on that issue, does anybody know an application to update the FS database of Navaids and AIRWAYS?this may be handy as some planners actually use the data contained in the bgl files.Mike

Guest ha5mvo

yes, DL'd that program, very useful indeed!thanks for your help scott/wsiffert.