Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Static FlightPlans

Hi everyone,I was wondering the other day (as I sometimes do) about something.Is it possible, using TTools, to create flight plans for aircraft so that they never move - but still appear. In essence creating static aircraft?Or, does a flight plan have to have validity for a aircraft to appear?Thanks in advance,Nick.

you could just create a plan where the aircraft takes one short flight a week and sits around the rest of the time.Matt

I really think you are missing the point of having AI! There are plenty of AI downloads that will keep the gates busy. Why plug up a gate with a static aircraft, when it could be used otherwise by dynamic AI via flightplans?If you must have static aircraft, make static aircraft and place them at locations around the airport, such as maintenance hangars, where aircraft may sit for awhile.Better yet, make ai aircraft that will use those remote area by using Radiused gates.

I think there may be a few instances where the AI can be an expedient way of building up some interesting "static" scenery. Take the boneyards at Mojave, Davis Monthan, Roswell or San Bernadino for example. You can download all sorts of obsolete aircraft and place them at parking spots at those airports and build up an AI "boneyard". You can then have yourself rows of Delta L1011s, United 727s, DC-10s, Continental DC10s, MD80s, etc. to see when you fly to one of those airports. The parking spots don't even need to connect to a taxiway. Your flightplan for them could just have them do a KMHV-KMHV flight at 2AM on sunday morning. That way, they just "reset" once each week and you won't have to see or hear them fly.I've just downloaded an Airborne Express Caravelle solely for the purpose of placing it as a static aircraft at Columbus airport, where there is one such aircraft permanently resting near the runway.

>I think there may be a few instances where the AI can be an >expedient way of building up some interesting "static" >scenery. Take the boneyards at Mojave, Davis Monthan, >Roswell or San Bernadino for example. You can download all >sorts of obsolete aircraft and place them at parking spots >at those airports and build up an AI "boneyard". You can >then have yourself rows of Delta L1011s, United 727s, >DC-10s, Continental DC10s, MD80s, etc. to see when you fly >to one of those airports. The parking spots don't even need >to connect to a taxiway. Your flightplan for them could >just have them do a KMHV-KMHV flight at 2AM on sunday >morning. That way, they just "reset" once each week and you >won't have to see or hear them fly. How do you dictate what parking spot they start at?

Yup it is possible.I was doing this for Hong Kong to have aircraft sit in the maintenance area for a period of time.

You give the parking spot and the aircraft a unique radius, using AFCAD and AITM.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___