Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcoultas

Help with AI please

Guest rcoultas

To anyone who can give advice,What would you all reccomend for putting AI traffic on my MSFS? I have used TTools before and am familiar with it. I was kind of interested in using one of the payware programs such as MyTraffic, or FsTraffic. Any thoughts here? Would I be better off using the Pai sight as I have done before? All suggestions appreciated! ThanksBest Regards,Randyhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

I have no experience with any payware ai, but I can tell you I'm very happy with PAI. I have every one of their official packages plus quite a few of the unofficial installed and they are great.KP

I have used both PAI and MyTraffic and both are excellent. PAI leans more toward "real-world" flight plans, whereas MyTraffic generates "pseudo-real" flightplans. By that, I mean that MyTraffic tends to populate airports with the proper airlines, but the schedules aren't real-world ones.PAI depends on the use of TTools to create or modify flightplans, while MyTraffic uses the MS Trafficbuilder SDK to generate thousands of, again, "pseudo-realistic" flightplans.MyTraffic licenses most of their AI plane models from PAI. However, they do their own re-paints and have a larger set of airline liveries than PAI.Another advantage of MyTraffic is the installation. It's a no-brainer. It automatically installs all the aircraft, liveries, custom AFCAD files and scenery settings. It also supports a large selection of add-on airports, such as Simflyers, Lago and German Airports 1-3. You can toggle the scenery settings on and off to switch between MyTraffic plans and the default plans. As mentioned many times before in these forums, installing and maintaining PAI aircraft, liveries and plans can be a tough one if you're not intimately familiar with how the AI traffic system works.Since I like to tinker with AI flightplans myself, I generally take the MyTraffic-generated plans and tweak them with AITM.FSTraffic2 hasn't been released yet, so I don't know much about it other than to say it will be a very small subset of what MyTraffic provides (i.e. fewer airports, fewer planes, fewer re-paints, etc.)Best regards, Ron

Guest rcoultas

Thanks for the replies,I actually broke down and bought MyTraffic. After installing it I was a little dissapointed as my home field looked nothing like what is really going on there. I guess I was half expecting that because of the pseudo-flight plans. I was also a little disspointed with some of the repaints. Anyway, I'm just starting to dabble into Radius AFCAD and giving a hand at modifying my airports. Although, as stated this is very time consuming, and I have yet to find a good selection of Radius AFCAD files. Thanks again all for the input. I'm still such a newbie at this but learning.Best Regards,Randyhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest josh0571

Hi RandyRAFCAD is probably about the latest thing in terms of the AI world in FS. Not many RAFCAD files have been uploaded anywhere but according to several threads at PAI, momentum is building. Check out this PAI thread if you haven't already:http://forums.projectai.com/htdocs/dcforum...umID2/1855.htmlIf I were you, though, I'd be either sticking with PAI's latest auto-installers using the Most Realistic AI-Routes' flightplans, especially if you want accurate, bulk flightplans, or just doing your favourite airlines at your favourite airports (using actual airline website timetables), which is what I do.For me, this seems to minimise any potential problems - you have complete control over spreading arrival times (in TTools/AITM) in order to avoid go-arounds & you know what flights (arr/dep) should be in your FS airspace at a certain time.Hope this helps :) Josh

Guest rcoultas

Josh,Thank you and everyone else who continue to give great advice. I'm really starting to enjoy this RAFCAD thing. It seems like I'm spending more time fooling around with AI traffic now than flying all of my wonderful aircraft heh. I guess I just found a new hobby. I've done a couple of airports, but don't feel comfortable yet uploading them anywhere. I'll continue testing these out and learning about this very cool segment of FS. I now realize how much work you guys at PAI and similair sights put into this. Talk about time consuming. Thank goodness there are people out there who are willing to make MSFS as good as it can be.Best Regards,Randyhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg