Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

C-130 and C-17 for AI

Hi All,Does anyone know of a C-130 Hercules and a C-17 Globemaster in GMAX to use for AI? I have searched most of the main flightsim sites with no luck. Being an ex USAF C-141 Loadmaster I want to get some airlifter aircraft flying around. ThanksDES

Guest Captain Barfbag

I've got a KC-135, C-130 and C-17 all flying around, but I don't think any of them are GMAX. They work fine if you don't fill the airbase with half a dozen waiting around for a flight a week. If GMAX isn't a problem, re-post and I'll look up the zip names. I know the KC-135 is on AVSIM. Try your search with KC135 and KC-135 or just 135. The dash sometimes limits the search, and sometimes expands it in my experience.Also, check out Project Airlift on ProjectAI.

Thanks for the info. I do have several different GMAX 135's, a couple of different KC's (Gray, Camo, boom up/boom down) and I have also painted up 707s to look like an E-6B and a halfway reasonable facsimile of a RC-135 Rivet Joint (haven't figured out how to elongate the nose/radome and add the extra antennas and other stuff hanging off of them though). I also repainted up a 747 to look like an E-4B. Living in Omaha on the approach to Offutt, these all fly over my house several times a day. I have found Prosky's C-17 and several C-130's but none in GMAX. Flying they look great but I just don't like the floating in air when taxiing and parked. Do you have a specific url for the Project Airlift stuff. I am pretty familiar with the ProjectAI site but does Project Airlift have their own web pages or are their planes just to be found in the unofficial repaint areas when one is posted?ThanksDES

Guest Captain Barfbag

It's been a while since I looked there, and I'll admit I can't find it again. PAI does great stuff, but navigating their site is sometimes a challenge for the infrequent visitor.Try these zips. I think most are from AVSIM, but I'm not monogamous when downloading aircraft...kc135a_v1.2.zipc130haf.zipc5galaxy.zipc131hmac.zipp3c2k2v2.zipL382g_un.zip