Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Corporate Jet as AI. How Do I Do It?

Guest 727Fan

I'm trying to convert Mike Stone's Falcon 2000 and Rick Sasala's Gulfstream to perform better as AI Traffic. Both are beautiful aircraft, but crash on landing.I've tried swapping files from the default Lear 45. But when I do, the aircraft don't show in the sim. The title line in the aircraft.cfg files were edited to allow TTools to see the correct aircraft, so I know that's not the problem.Does anybody have an idea to share, or a solution. Do I have to rename a file, or perform more editing surgery?I'd be very grateful! With all the great commercial models coming from FS Painter and Project AI, I hope some nice AI corporate jets would be on the agenda.Thanks for any attention to my request!Rick

Guest Captain Barfbag

There are a couple of things you can tune. The first is the .air file. These are binary files and are interchangeable between models. I usually copy the replacement file into the directory with the plane you're working on. Then, edit the sim= line in aircraft.cfg for that plane. The new line should read something like sim=newfile, where the replacement .air file is newfile.air.You will also notice a bunch of tunables in the aircraft.cfg file itself. You might try replacing all of these with the same lines from the aircraft you are transplanting the .air file from. However, leave the "contact points" section alone. That is related to the physical size and configuration of the aircraft, and if you change it you will get floating or sinking planes.

Guest 727Fan

Thank You Captain!Your help has given me new hope and direction. I will proceed with your advice.Rick