Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Confirm my suspicions

Guest Lobaeux4

How does MS decide which flight plans (therefore which a/c) are flying around. Does it take the flightplans.txt (granted I know it doesn't look at it per se, it's in the traffic.bgl) in order, such as what's listed first in the .txt file is loaded up until it fills up the required amount of a/c, or does the order WE put the aircraft in, in the flightplans.txt, not in the aircraft.txt, matter at all? I tend to think the order matters, anyone else know for sure?Lobaeux

Guest Captain Barfbag

Order matters when filling gates at departure airports. If you have 3 Heavy gates and 5 Heavy aircraft waiting to depart, then only the first 3 in the list will make it. (I can't confirm it, but I believe I've seen aditional aircraft generated after those 3 leave, though, but I don't usually sit around the airport and just watch the planes.) Arriving aircraft will not be restricted by gate count, but if there aren't any empty gates they will just vanish after landing.Of course, traffic percentage does, too, although it's a threshold and not a priority thing. For example, if you set your traffic percentage at 80%, then all aircraft below 81% will be treated equally. A 79% plane will be treated the same as a 10% plane.

Guest Stamatis

Flights are processed by the order they appear in your Flightplans.txt file.For the aircraft that are supposed to be on the ground, if there is a suitable gate, they get loaded, if not, next flight in flightplans.txt is processed, and so on, until you run out of gates or flight plans.For the aircraft in the air, I do not think there is a limit so sequence should not be important.Stamatis

Guest Lobaeux4

This is pretty much what I thought would be the case. Now, the bad part is, I have 'chopped' up all my sections of my flightplans, and front-loaded the bigger carriers.Anyways, next question, I don't know if this way out there. But, let's suppose that all the flightplans were set at 50%, and our slider was set at 50%. Therefore, all the flightplans in our traffic.bgl would be read and would show up in the sim. Now this is reaching I know, but let's say that if they're all set at the same number, then does FS save less 'CPU cycles', having to NOT calculate which flightplans are at what percentage and therefore have less 'work' to do? I know this is a little exaggerated, I'm not expecting to see a 5-10 fps increase by doing this, I'm just curious as to how FS is analysing the traffic.bglAnyone know?Lobaeux

I'm sure FS goes through all the calculations whether they are all set the same or not - I would doubt if MS thought of that possibility in advance...Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Lobaeux4

LOL, I just thought it'd be neat to see if these kind of things actually make a difference.Thanks,Lobaeux