Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Aircraft speeds in Aircraft.txt?!

Hi everyone,Another couple of questions regarding my new AI world! Everything is going just fine, or at least aircraft are indeed present wherever I have put them! However, one thing I am confused (or concerned!) by, is that in the Aircraft.txt file, you must designate the airspeed of your chosen aircraft. The first aircraft and their respective flight plans that I installed had this already prepared, which was fine, just copy and paste...but now I have installed some flight plans which designate the aircraft type, but give no indication of the TAS required. By trial and error I found very quickly that you can't just leave the speed out of the aircraft.txt, as TTools rejects it. I put in 430, (aircraft in question was an A321, so I used the 737 speed), but what happens now, as the flight plans I installed may not be configured to that airspeed? Or will FS correct this automatically?Secondly, I am still a LITTLE unsure about assigning different aircraft to routes. Purely as an example: AC#602,492,"British Airways 777 Union",..Bennyhone",..Chelsea Rose", etc etc. If I have ten flights using British Airways 777's, all of which are assigned to AC#602, of which I have lets say, 6 repaints (tail designs) in one folder. I assign the 6 different repaints to 1 flight each, by way of the different aircraft.cfg 'titles'. But then I have 4 flights left over, so I assign them to four aircraft meaning that now four of the repaints have two flights each...if those flights occur at the same time, will FS simply duplicate the aircraft, or do they cancel each other out?Captain Barfbag has already given me an answer to the that last long winded question! But sorry Captain, I was still a bit unsure!Anyway, apart from these two nagging questions, I think I'm well sorted.Thanks in advance to anyone with enough patience to answer my 'mountain out of a mole hill' type questions!Kind regards,Al Summers.

First question:When you compile your flightplans with TTools (or other program), it will look at one of two things. If the plan has a @ arrival time in it, FS will use that as the actual arrival time at the gate, and will ignore the airspeed value in the aircraft.txt file.If the flightplan does not include a @-type arrival time, then it will use the airspeed value in the aircraft.cfg file to calculate an arrival time for you.Second question:Yes, FS will duplicate the plane as many times as required for all of it's flightplans.However, if you have one aircraft listed as AC#602 for all tail colors in that folder, then flight plans using that number will use *only one* of those tail colors - the one with the title= line that matches the entry in the aircraft.txt file.An example:I have two color schemes in this folder - the title lines are "Boeing 777 Bennyhone" and "Boeing 777 Chelsea Rose".Now I have an entry in my aircraft.txt file like this:AC#602, "Boeing 777 Bennyhone" (this is not the right format - doing this from memory)This means that Bennyhone will fly all these flights, and you will never see Chelsea Rose. You need to add another entry like:AC#603, "Boeing 777 Chelsea Rose"and give it some flightplans too.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___