Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

AI Traffic Manager problem

I've taken the plunge after a year and finally decided to go with Project AI for my AI aircraft. I had already added some NW, AA, and COA AI flight plans and a/c through AI Traffic Manager. I first decided to delete all of my General Aviation, default a/c, and AA & COA a/c and flight plans. This left me with only my NW flight plans in my aircraft.txt and flightplan.txt files. I then proceeded to download and install SWA, COA, USAir, United, Delta a/c and flight plans using the auto-install feature of Project AI. All of those a/c are present in my .txt files and in the sim. I did a trial at KHOU and there were 7 SWA 737s there in all. Very nice sight.Now my question/problem: After I decompile my traffic.bgl I look at aircraft.txt and flightplan.txt files and all the AI a/c are there. All are also in my pull down Choose Aircraft tab of FS2002. Problem is I can't get them to pull up in AI Traffic Manager --- even after I load from the .txt files. All I see in AITM is the NW flights and a/c. :-zhelpIs this normal? Is there some reason AITM isn't pulling the .txt files into the Access database? (I do have Access2000). This is only a minor problem as I do have the AI a/c and flight plans in FS2k2.Any help would be most appreciated. :-wavePerplexed... (Steve KCLE)

I would place all three decompiled text files in the AITM folder and either select File, Open Flightplan, select the flightplan.txt file you want or go to Tools and select Decompile Flightplan. Basically, AITM, goes to your FS2002 folder and reads all the aircraft listed vice reading the aircraft.txt folder.You can have AITM make a new aircraft.txt folder, but it puts all your aircraft in the text file even if they aren't used for AI.