Sign in to follow this  

Experience with Aardvark AI aircraft?

I am thinking of using a whole new fleet of AI aircraft and was wondering if anyone uses the Aardvark AI aircraft. How well do they work? Is it stll better to stick with GMAX aircraft?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Hi,I must admit I'm terribly biased, so I'll let someone else give you an opinion of how well ai aardvark planes work.As to the gmax question, aia aircraft are all exported out of Gmax, some of them are actually built there, and some are built in another program, Lightwave, imported into Gmax for texturing and animation, and then exported out again to flightsim.David Rai aardvark

WOW THEASE GUYS RULE THIS IS A MUST HAVE. I have used AI planes from "other"websites dedicatd to AI planes and what a differance. Example KDFW AA HUB I used AA fLight plans 100% traffic and only default planes like md 80 or only AI planes from the "other AI websites" and my frame rates were 6-12, now I used Aardvark planes and my frame rates were solid 20 where I locked them. Have you ever tried setting AI TO 0% AT YOUR favorite airport to check out how much better is without AI its just like that, as if there were no airplanes aourond you at all WOW. I hope these guys continue releasing more planes. My advice go and check it out you will be amazed.MY SPECSP4-2.4G512MB PC 2100ABIT IT7 MAXATI RADEON 9000 128MB

Well,I'd say they do really cool stuff. Since there's no overlap so far, I'd compare them to the latest FSPAINTER models and advice: GET THEM! ...good looks wit minimum parts. Lightweight LOD models (which FSP introduced later as well). I kicked out my first-edition PAI aircraft (757, 737-300) for the Aardvarks... with no regrets.TM

Guest boback

No one notice the dynamic shine on these beauties that gives them the edge on ALL AI planes created so far? ;)I guess I am biased too :( ;)

Hi AirbusI have been a great fan of the concept of low polygon counts which is what Aardvark is all about. Davisd Rawlins has stuck to his principles and has really made some woderful aircraft for us.All my AI aircraft are either ProjectAI or Aardvark. I use no others and currently have 450 different craft/textures flying around.I think the Aardvark models and FDEs are superb, as is their painting.As more models become available the more Aardvark will dominate the AI airwaves.CheersMike

Guest H_Kev55

FYI, that 'other AI site' uses FSP models also.So compare those too please.KJ

Besides the Aardvark aircraft I also highly recommend the FSPainter planes. Just as good as Aardvark but also have flexing wings on the 777, A340, and A330. Tom

Guest Captain Barfbag

I just downloaded my first Aardvark, a USAF C-9, which is a re-painted DC-9. The plane looks great, but I was really impressed with how smoothly it lands. None of the semi-stall stuff we see, just a nice smooth descent. As they point out on their own website, the planes land a bit further down than others, which helps (in most cases) when you need to get them off the runway quickly. Now I'm online to get some more.

Ai-Aardvark has some of the best AI models. I use the 757-300, DC-9, 727, and the 757-200. All Northwest. I just found the Northwest 72 here on AVSIM yesterday.