Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

Probably a dumb question

Well, I must admit I've been very slow coming around to "messing" with the ai traffic. As it stands right now, I'm not even going to attempt to creat my own ai flight plans. But, with so many great ai ships and plans out there, I would like to enjoy the added realism. What I would like to know is this. Say I download a flight plan pack for British Airways, and I cut and paste the info to the appropriate files. How do I assign aircraft to these routes? Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Guest hoohah

Your AI aircraft are listed in a separate file, and the flight plan refernces the aircraft's id. There are some good tutorials around (current issue of Computer Pilot comes to mind) that explain most everything, plus great tools to use once you get the hang of doing it "by hand".I started out by making a simple route between my home airport and a nearby field with the default 182. If you can do that, then you can do any of it...it's just a matter of managing details.But I can't begin to warn you enough about once you start it's hard to quite. I spend way too much time hovering in a copter at field just to watch and listen to the planes depart and arrive...-hoo