Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

General Query re AI Aircraft

Guest mcleadbeater

I spent some considerable time back in summer replacing my entire traffic.bgl file with real world schedules etc. I now have superb traffic, but the problem is my 850MH computer simply can't handle much traffic. (I have been using FS2K2 Models with various repaints, Mike Stone Models/Repaints and Opensky (I know...)) At that time Project AI was not on line.I am now looking to replace all these models with new models and repaints, as well as (perhaps) new schedules.The major resources available for AI dedicated aircraft seem to be:- Project AI- AI Aardvaark- FS Painter- Mike Stone G-Max models (eg 757)Would anyone be kind enough to give me their views on which models are best from a FPS point of view. Project AI schedules seem to be OK- is this the case?This topic has been discussed a bit below, but before spending hours downloading loads of repaints etc I would be grateful for the benefit of some of your experience!Many thanks in advanceMike

what I do is the following: I downloaded all MRAI flightplans,and use PAI aircraft for them whenever possible,when not possbile (e.g. B742;DC9;B753) I use FSPainter or AI Aardvark. I also install all PAI official packages that MRAI doesn't cover

Guest mcleadbeater

Thanks for that.Please can you just confirm whether FS Painter's models are now available on the Project AI website? Or do you have to DL them here at Avsim?CheersM

yeah,I'd download them here from avsim,even though they're available on PAI I believe.at AVSIM,you get the texture for a particular airline+the model,so no need to dowload the model and textures apart

Guest mcleadbeater

Cheers. Big Project coming up to re-do all AI traffic... good to get advice first as it is really tim consuming. I really hope we can transfer all our work on AI into FS2004

I've been replacing my PAI aircraft with Aardvark as they are released. I've seen testing people have done where in large airport situations loaded with aircraft i.e ORD with all PAI United aircraft vs Aardvark United aircraft..the Aardvarks' had less FPS impact. Also Aardvark has re-released some of their models with that 'luster shine' that looks pretty darn cool.I also use Most Realistic AI-Routes..which are fantastic.I use AITM for all AI management,which has the time-saving 'substitute' feature that makes trying out the Aardvark releases a one-click deal that is easily reversible. CJ PuttKTPA

Sorry, maybe I'm an ignorant, but what's MRAI?regards,Wolfgang

Thanks Mike!Great site! It's a shame, that I haven't discovered it earlier. I guess I will download some AI flight plans from there tonight.Regards,Wolfgang