Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way of changing active runways?

Ok, I got the AFCAD thing down real good. I just can't figure out how to change runways. I tried, but the runway I wanted to change to wasn't active, and the active one had planes just going around it. Please help!!! :-zhelp

Guest Stamatis

Tell us exactly what you did change, and then we may be able to help you.Stamatis

Ok, I want to make runway 9L/27R active for landings. I want to make the center runway closed like it is in real life. Here's a screenie if it works.

Guest Stamatis

Wow, you have six runways there...Ok, I want to make runway 9L/27R active for landings.But in your diagram you indicate you want to use 9R/27L?Anyway, to only use 9L/27R for landings, you will have to click the "not for landings" box for all the other 10 runway ends (5 runways) If you do that, there is no way that any runway other than 9L/27R will be used for landings. I do not see any problem with this.You indicate that you want a center runway closed. But what about the other 4 runways? Do you want them to be used for landings? This way you end up with only one out of six runways being used for landings. Are you sure this is realistic?Stamatis

Well, this one's an overlay. And your right about the runway numbers. I messed up I guess. When I fill in "closed for landing" does that mean landings only? I think it will work well since this is 2DTW not KDTW. :-newbie

Guest Stamatis

When I fill in "closed for landing" does that mean landings only?No, it means what it says :-) : That the runway is closed for landings, i.e. no landings will be allowed from this end of the runway.Stamatis

Right, I lessened the length of the runway I didn't want to be lower than the length of the runway I want. I am going to go fly for 2 minutes to see it this works. Keep the info coming! This helps me out a lot.:-laugh1

Ok, the trick was to delete the runway from both KDTW and 2DTW. It worked. Thanks for your help. :-lol