Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Molitor

Modifying Minimum Distance

Guest JustLanded

When using AITM and developing flight plans for the Dash 8 flying from KABE to KPHL I get the warning message that "Aircraft Range limites reached for leg 1 (100nm - 1000nm). I have flown this 46nm actual flight many times in real life and would like to add it to my AI flights. I understand that the minimum and maximum distances is in the Aircraft Types.dat file. I created a new Aircraft Types.dat file through AITM and modified the minimum distance but could not figure out how to reincorporate this new .dat file into the traffic.bgl or if this is where it should go. I tried using the TrafficBuilder tool from MS FS2002 web site, but either I did it incorrectly or I didn't do the correct thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.GW

Guest Captain Barfbag

If nothing else, you can simply add the flight manually using Wordpad or any other text editor. You'll need Traffic Tools to de-compile the binary Traffic.bgl file. It's very well documented, and a lot simpler for adding one or two flights. Traffic Tools is available in the library.

Guest JustLanded

Captain,Thanks for the reply. I do have TTools and understand how to use them. I should have thought of this obvious solution as well. I wonder why the developer of AITM allows for this error message if it really doesn't matter and with no way within his software to modify the number.GW

Well said. But you should read the manual more carefully. If you have installed the latest version (V1.2 SP1), then you are able to configure those ranges in the config file AITM_AC.CFG and if you don't bother you can turn off the warning messages.Thomas

Guest JustLanded

Hey, awesome, a reply from the author himself. Thanks. I'll check on the version I am using. I do remember seeing the option to modify AITM_AC.cfg so I'll start there. If I turn off that error message, will AITM still incorporate the flight plan into the traffic.bgl?GW