Sign in to follow this  

KBOS problem

hello out there!i have this little issue that is bothering me regarding Boston's airport.all traffic takes off and lands on runway 15L. i want arrivals to come in and land at runway 22R (while continuing to take-off using 15L). i closed both ends of the 15L/33R runway for landings but the ATC still tells me to come in using 15L.what if anything can be done about this?

Guest Captain Barfbag

Well, that shouldn't happen! Are you using overlays for KBOS? And are the other runways open for landing? I don't know what it will do if you have NO runways open. My guess would be a long-forgotten overlay, or maybe the AFCAD change didn't get saved properly.

no.i tried doing the same thing for KATL-with overlays-and it all went fine. (changed the landing runway from 27R to 26L).i did not touch any part of the overlays for KATL either.

Did you create a flightpath and localizer for the runway you want aircraft to land on?

nope. but i didn't do that for KATL either and everything is just fine there.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Take a look at your AFCAD of KBOS. 4L/22R has no ILS. So, any IFR flights MUST land on a different runway. Switch your landings to 4R/22L and you'll be sippin' chowdah at Legal's in no time.

Update:i just got kinda tired of not gettin it right so i just put the normal airport back in.as for the suggestion of 4L/22R having no ILS...i have never done an ILS into Boston--only VFR. and they still vectored me into the dreaded 15R/33L runway.but i'll see what i can do later since i am able to restore the old airport at any time...